Dec 12, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• That would be Iman Shumpert‘s new Knicks anthem. Good to see he’s keeping busy during knee rehab.
• Beer prices are going up at NBA arenas. Hey, those poor struggling owners have to make a buck somewhere.
• Ben Wallace says he is not retired and wants to play agin.
• The NBA has had 1 billion — yes, with a “B” — YouTube hits on its channel.
• Check out the decline in the number of 50 point games by players in recent years. Tom Ziller tries to figure out why.
• Everyone in Dallas sounds like the old Lakers — “Derrick Fisher really brings some intangibles to the team and the game.” I think he has brought 30.3 percent shooting and bad defense so far. But the Mavs are 4-1 in their last five and Fish will get credit for that. Deserved or not.
• A great look by Tom Ziller at the divided Maloof family and what that ultimately means in Sacramento.
• A fun Q&A with the legendary Hall of Famer Bob Pettit, talking Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and more.
• Could the Miami Heat bring in Eddie House? Stranger things have happened, but not many.
• The Bobcats cut Cory Higgins. His father Rod is a Bobcats executive. Awkward.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:45 AM EDT
Houston outscores Dallas by 14 in 10 minutes with Howard and Harden, get outscored by four otherwise in 118-108 win
Apr 18, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Wade has the ability to hit free agency, but is choosing to stay in Miami for at least one more season.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Rose finished with 23 points.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Leaked images are horrible.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:56 PM EDT
Brooks scored 10 points in his first shift.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Golden State, once up 25, escapes with 106-99 win
Apr 18, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The basketball was ugly, but this still may be a very competitive series.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
Pierce backed up his talk with plenty of action.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
They’re still expected to play around 32 minutes each.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
Ujiri cusses at a playoff pep rally for the second straight year.
Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks
Apr 18, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Brewer has been a key member of the rotation for the two-seeded Rockets.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Every playoff series is predicted.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
How do you feel about a lot of hack-a-Jordan for six or seven games?
Apr 18, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
With most 2014 conference-finalists eliminated, Warriors are clear favorite
Apr 18, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
Their rivalry goes back until the Dwight Howard free agent recruitment. If not earlier.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
The winner in 7 games will be …
Apr 17, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Cuban also says of Houston: “that’s not a very good team over there.”
Apr 17, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Can Brooklyn win a game?
Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year
Apr 17, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Hibbert has a player option for $15.5 million next season.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Three PBT writers pick the Warrior to beat the Cavaliers in the Finals.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3