Dec 12, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• That would be Iman Shumpert‘s new Knicks anthem. Good to see he’s keeping busy during knee rehab.
• Beer prices are going up at NBA arenas. Hey, those poor struggling owners have to make a buck somewhere.
• Ben Wallace says he is not retired and wants to play agin.
• The NBA has had 1 billion — yes, with a “B” — YouTube hits on its channel.
• Check out the decline in the number of 50 point games by players in recent years. Tom Ziller tries to figure out why.
• Everyone in Dallas sounds like the old Lakers — “Derrick Fisher really brings some intangibles to the team and the game.” I think he has brought 30.3 percent shooting and bad defense so far. But the Mavs are 4-1 in their last five and Fish will get credit for that. Deserved or not.
• A great look by Tom Ziller at the divided Maloof family and what that ultimately means in Sacramento.
• A fun Q&A with the legendary Hall of Famer Bob Pettit, talking Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and more.
• Could the Miami Heat bring in Eddie House? Stranger things have happened, but not many.
• The Bobcats cut Cory Higgins. His father Rod is a Bobcats executive. Awkward.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 14
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 9
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 50
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28