Dec 12, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
You’ll have to forgive the Clippers announcers hyperbole through this (or you can just turn the sound down — they shouldn’t be comparing Blake Griffin to Michael Jordan inside the United Center), but this was still must see video.
The Clippers are still lob city, they still put on an arial show night after night. They did it in Chicago with Griffin and DeAndre Jordan throwing down four huge dunks inside of two minutes. The last one, the putback dunk by Jordan over Marco Belinelli and Griffin, was the best of the bunch.
And while you get dazzled by the show, the Clippers are playing good defense and are a legit playoff threat in the West. The path to the finals still goes through Oklahoma City in the West, but the team from Los Angeles that pushes them hardest may not be the one everyone predicted before the season.
Hat tip to SLAM for the video.
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 0
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 10
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 3
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8