Dec 12, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
You’ll have to forgive the Clippers announcers hyperbole through this (or you can just turn the sound down — they shouldn’t be comparing Blake Griffin to Michael Jordan inside the United Center), but this was still must see video.
The Clippers are still lob city, they still put on an arial show night after night. They did it in Chicago with Griffin and DeAndre Jordan throwing down four huge dunks inside of two minutes. The last one, the putback dunk by Jordan over Marco Belinelli and Griffin, was the best of the bunch.
And while you get dazzled by the show, the Clippers are playing good defense and are a legit playoff threat in the West. The path to the finals still goes through Oklahoma City in the West, but the team from Los Angeles that pushes them hardest may not be the one everyone predicted before the season.
Hat tip to SLAM for the video.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 4
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 35
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 50
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 37
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40