Dec 12, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Terrell Owens can’t get an NFL contract right now (39-year-old receivers rarely do), so he’s looking at some other career options.
Like the NBA.
Maybe not officially, but he’s been around the Clippers and their workout facility. Blake Griffin was talking about him on the Dan Patrick Show (which you can see on the NBC Sports Network) today, as reported by the legend that is Michael Davis Smith at ProFootballTalk:
“Terrell Owens is always — he was at our practice facility this summer, begging coaches for a 10-day contract,” Griffin said on the Dan Patrick Show.
Griffin also said Owens “can play a little bit.”
Before you say “hey, maybe” let me note that at 6’3” Owens would be a guard in the NBA, and the lineup of guards on the Clippers is plenty deep now (Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, Jamal Crawford, the underrated Eric Bledsoe, Willie Green). Plus, the Clippers have fantastic locker room chemistry right now and TO… well, you know.
But I would pay good money to see the video of TO begging Vinny Del Negro for a 10-day contact.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 0
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11