Dec 12, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Terrell Owens can’t get an NFL contract right now (39-year-old receivers rarely do), so he’s looking at some other career options.
Like the NBA.
Maybe not officially, but he’s been around the Clippers and their workout facility. Blake Griffin was talking about him on the Dan Patrick Show (which you can see on the NBC Sports Network) today, as reported by the legend that is Michael Davis Smith at ProFootballTalk:
“Terrell Owens is always — he was at our practice facility this summer, begging coaches for a 10-day contract,” Griffin said on the Dan Patrick Show.
Griffin also said Owens “can play a little bit.”
Before you say “hey, maybe” let me note that at 6’3” Owens would be a guard in the NBA, and the lineup of guards on the Clippers is plenty deep now (Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, Jamal Crawford, the underrated Eric Bledsoe, Willie Green). Plus, the Clippers have fantastic locker room chemistry right now and TO… well, you know.
But I would pay good money to see the video of TO begging Vinny Del Negro for a 10-day contact.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17