Dec 12, 2012, 2:59 PM EST
Terrell Owens can’t get an NFL contract right now (39-year-old receivers rarely do), so he’s looking at some other career options.
Like the NBA.
Maybe not officially, but he’s been around the Clippers and their workout facility. Blake Griffin was talking about him on the Dan Patrick Show (which you can see on the NBC Sports Network) today, as reported by the legend that is Michael Davis Smith at ProFootballTalk:
“Terrell Owens is always — he was at our practice facility this summer, begging coaches for a 10-day contract,” Griffin said on the Dan Patrick Show.
Griffin also said Owens “can play a little bit.”
Before you say “hey, maybe” let me note that at 6’3” Owens would be a guard in the NBA, and the lineup of guards on the Clippers is plenty deep now (Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, Jamal Crawford, the underrated Eric Bledsoe, Willie Green). Plus, the Clippers have fantastic locker room chemistry right now and TO… well, you know.
But I would pay good money to see the video of TO begging Vinny Del Negro for a 10-day contact.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30