Dec 12, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
Terrell Owens can’t get an NFL contract right now (39-year-old receivers rarely do), so he’s looking at some other career options.
Like the NBA.
Maybe not officially, but he’s been around the Clippers and their workout facility. Blake Griffin was talking about him on the Dan Patrick Show (which you can see on the NBC Sports Network) today, as reported by the legend that is Michael Davis Smith at ProFootballTalk:
“Terrell Owens is always — he was at our practice facility this summer, begging coaches for a 10-day contract,” Griffin said on the Dan Patrick Show.
Griffin also said Owens “can play a little bit.”
Before you say “hey, maybe” let me note that at 6’3” Owens would be a guard in the NBA, and the lineup of guards on the Clippers is plenty deep now (Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, Jamal Crawford, the underrated Eric Bledsoe, Willie Green). Plus, the Clippers have fantastic locker room chemistry right now and TO… well, you know.
But I would pay good money to see the video of TO begging Vinny Del Negro for a 10-day contact.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20