Dec 12, 2012, 1:51 PM EST
Marion’s team has managed just fine without him, however, winning a tough one in Houston before coasting to an easy one at home against the horrendous Sacramento Kings.
Dallas will be facing a much tougher opponent in Boston on Wednesday, however, and will likely need Marion’s help to continue its winning ways. Thankfully for the Mavs, it appears he’ll be back in the lineup.
Marion will play Wednesday night against the Boston Celtics as the Mavs try to extend their winning streak to a season-best four games. He expects to start at power forward with Dahntay Jones playing small forward.
“I’m feeling good. I’m ready to go,” Marion, who is wearing compression pants to help with his injury, said after the morning shootaround. “I’m good to go.”
It will be the first meeting between the Mavericks and Jason Terry, who left Dallas in free agency over the summer after playing there for eight seasons, and was a crucial piece to the team’s title run back in 2011.
Terry wants to win this one obviously, and it’s worth wondering if Marion expedited his return to be a part of this matchup, as well.
Marion has averaged 9.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game this season, while playing 28.6 minutes per night.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13