Dec 12, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
Marion’s team has managed just fine without him, however, winning a tough one in Houston before coasting to an easy one at home against the horrendous Sacramento Kings.
Dallas will be facing a much tougher opponent in Boston on Wednesday, however, and will likely need Marion’s help to continue its winning ways. Thankfully for the Mavs, it appears he’ll be back in the lineup.
Marion will play Wednesday night against the Boston Celtics as the Mavs try to extend their winning streak to a season-best four games. He expects to start at power forward with Dahntay Jones playing small forward.
“I’m feeling good. I’m ready to go,” Marion, who is wearing compression pants to help with his injury, said after the morning shootaround. “I’m good to go.”
It will be the first meeting between the Mavericks and Jason Terry, who left Dallas in free agency over the summer after playing there for eight seasons, and was a crucial piece to the team’s title run back in 2011.
Terry wants to win this one obviously, and it’s worth wondering if Marion expedited his return to be a part of this matchup, as well.
Marion has averaged 9.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game this season, while playing 28.6 minutes per night.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18