Dec 12, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
Marion’s team has managed just fine without him, however, winning a tough one in Houston before coasting to an easy one at home against the horrendous Sacramento Kings.
Dallas will be facing a much tougher opponent in Boston on Wednesday, however, and will likely need Marion’s help to continue its winning ways. Thankfully for the Mavs, it appears he’ll be back in the lineup.
Marion will play Wednesday night against the Boston Celtics as the Mavs try to extend their winning streak to a season-best four games. He expects to start at power forward with Dahntay Jones playing small forward.
“I’m feeling good. I’m ready to go,” Marion, who is wearing compression pants to help with his injury, said after the morning shootaround. “I’m good to go.”
It will be the first meeting between the Mavericks and Jason Terry, who left Dallas in free agency over the summer after playing there for eight seasons, and was a crucial piece to the team’s title run back in 2011.
Terry wants to win this one obviously, and it’s worth wondering if Marion expedited his return to be a part of this matchup, as well.
Marion has averaged 9.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game this season, while playing 28.6 minutes per night.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 0
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 71
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8