Dec 12, 2012, 1:51 PM EST
Marion’s team has managed just fine without him, however, winning a tough one in Houston before coasting to an easy one at home against the horrendous Sacramento Kings.
Dallas will be facing a much tougher opponent in Boston on Wednesday, however, and will likely need Marion’s help to continue its winning ways. Thankfully for the Mavs, it appears he’ll be back in the lineup.
Marion will play Wednesday night against the Boston Celtics as the Mavs try to extend their winning streak to a season-best four games. He expects to start at power forward with Dahntay Jones playing small forward.
“I’m feeling good. I’m ready to go,” Marion, who is wearing compression pants to help with his injury, said after the morning shootaround. “I’m good to go.”
It will be the first meeting between the Mavericks and Jason Terry, who left Dallas in free agency over the summer after playing there for eight seasons, and was a crucial piece to the team’s title run back in 2011.
Terry wants to win this one obviously, and it’s worth wondering if Marion expedited his return to be a part of this matchup, as well.
Marion has averaged 9.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game this season, while playing 28.6 minutes per night.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10