Dec 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
The Raptors haven’t been very good when healthy this season, so one can only assume that prolonged absences due to injury from the team’s best players won’t help the situation.
From the official release:
Guard Kyle Lowry has a partial tear to his right triceps muscle. He will be treated symptomatically with an estimated return time of 10 days.
Lowry sustained the injury at the 11:02 mark of the third quarter Monday at Portland.
Forward-centre Andrea Bargnani has a ligament tear in his right elbow and a strained right wrist. He will be treated symptomatically and is out indefinitely.
Bargnani sustained the injury at the 4:22 mark of the first quarter Monday at Portland.
The Bargnani news is particularly troubling, given the fact that he has a contract which will guarantee him $23 million over the next two seasons. If he’s out for the next couple of months, it’ll be tough to move him and that large dollar figure before the trade deadline.
Lowry coming back soon is at least a small piece of positive news for a team that has been dealing with a season full of negativity.
Toronto was down to just eight healthy players for Wednesday night’s game against the Nets.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 70
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32