Dec 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
The Raptors haven’t been very good when healthy this season, so one can only assume that prolonged absences due to injury from the team’s best players won’t help the situation.
From the official release:
Guard Kyle Lowry has a partial tear to his right triceps muscle. He will be treated symptomatically with an estimated return time of 10 days.
Lowry sustained the injury at the 11:02 mark of the third quarter Monday at Portland.
Forward-centre Andrea Bargnani has a ligament tear in his right elbow and a strained right wrist. He will be treated symptomatically and is out indefinitely.
Bargnani sustained the injury at the 4:22 mark of the first quarter Monday at Portland.
The Bargnani news is particularly troubling, given the fact that he has a contract which will guarantee him $23 million over the next two seasons. If he’s out for the next couple of months, it’ll be tough to move him and that large dollar figure before the trade deadline.
Lowry coming back soon is at least a small piece of positive news for a team that has been dealing with a season full of negativity.
Toronto was down to just eight healthy players for Wednesday night’s game against the Nets.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 14
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 24
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24