Dec 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
The Raptors haven’t been very good when healthy this season, so one can only assume that prolonged absences due to injury from the team’s best players won’t help the situation.
From the official release:
Guard Kyle Lowry has a partial tear to his right triceps muscle. He will be treated symptomatically with an estimated return time of 10 days.
Lowry sustained the injury at the 11:02 mark of the third quarter Monday at Portland.
Forward-centre Andrea Bargnani has a ligament tear in his right elbow and a strained right wrist. He will be treated symptomatically and is out indefinitely.
Bargnani sustained the injury at the 4:22 mark of the first quarter Monday at Portland.
The Bargnani news is particularly troubling, given the fact that he has a contract which will guarantee him $23 million over the next two seasons. If he’s out for the next couple of months, it’ll be tough to move him and that large dollar figure before the trade deadline.
Lowry coming back soon is at least a small piece of positive news for a team that has been dealing with a season full of negativity.
Toronto was down to just eight healthy players for Wednesday night’s game against the Nets.
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6