Dec 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
The Raptors haven’t been very good when healthy this season, so one can only assume that prolonged absences due to injury from the team’s best players won’t help the situation.
From the official release:
Guard Kyle Lowry has a partial tear to his right triceps muscle. He will be treated symptomatically with an estimated return time of 10 days.
Lowry sustained the injury at the 11:02 mark of the third quarter Monday at Portland.
Forward-centre Andrea Bargnani has a ligament tear in his right elbow and a strained right wrist. He will be treated symptomatically and is out indefinitely.
Bargnani sustained the injury at the 4:22 mark of the first quarter Monday at Portland.
The Bargnani news is particularly troubling, given the fact that he has a contract which will guarantee him $23 million over the next two seasons. If he’s out for the next couple of months, it’ll be tough to move him and that large dollar figure before the trade deadline.
Lowry coming back soon is at least a small piece of positive news for a team that has been dealing with a season full of negativity.
Toronto was down to just eight healthy players for Wednesday night’s game against the Nets.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 10
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48