Dec 12, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
The Raptors haven’t been very good when healthy this season, so one can only assume that prolonged absences due to injury from the team’s best players won’t help the situation.
From the official release:
Guard Kyle Lowry has a partial tear to his right triceps muscle. He will be treated symptomatically with an estimated return time of 10 days.
Lowry sustained the injury at the 11:02 mark of the third quarter Monday at Portland.
Forward-centre Andrea Bargnani has a ligament tear in his right elbow and a strained right wrist. He will be treated symptomatically and is out indefinitely.
Bargnani sustained the injury at the 4:22 mark of the first quarter Monday at Portland.
The Bargnani news is particularly troubling, given the fact that he has a contract which will guarantee him $23 million over the next two seasons. If he’s out for the next couple of months, it’ll be tough to move him and that large dollar figure before the trade deadline.
Lowry coming back soon is at least a small piece of positive news for a team that has been dealing with a season full of negativity.
Toronto was down to just eight healthy players for Wednesday night’s game against the Nets.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 0
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 32
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 11
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 17
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33