Dec 12, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
Lakers fans, it’s not just you.
The Lakers are frustrated with their recent play and string of losses, too. They see the loss in Cleveland as a new low-point in the season, too.
Look at their post-game comments, via Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register. Starting with Kobe Bryant, who put up an efficient 42 points in the loss to Cleveland. (You can see his full comments below.)
“This it the most challenging stretch I’ve been in in my 17 years, for sure,” Bryant said. “The most baffling…
“I don’t know if we’re too slow of a team and we’ve got to change things up a little bit and just play a slower game or what,” Bryant said. “I don’t know.”
Mike D’Antoni — the guy brought in to have answers after an 0-8 preseason and a slow start when the games mattered — didn’t have any either (again via the Register).
“I hate it,” he said. “I’m down.”
D’Antoni didn’t have clear answers for the Lakers’ problems, summarizing: “Right now, we’re all screwed up.”
Then D’Antoni made a joke Lakers fans will not find funny.
“It’s my job to fix it, and that’s what I’ll do. Give me some time … a couple or three years.”
Dwight Howard’s spirit is not easily broken, so it shouldn’t be shocking that while frustrated he remained more positive.
“There’ll come a day when it’ll all be done. Right now we’re rabbits. Everybody has a gun.”
And in the end, Kobe was optimistic, too.
“It’s going to come. I have kind of a good feeling about it for whatever reason.”
Which is more than we can say for Lakers fans right now.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 9
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31