Dec 12, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
Lakers fans, it’s not just you.
The Lakers are frustrated with their recent play and string of losses, too. They see the loss in Cleveland as a new low-point in the season, too.
Look at their post-game comments, via Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register. Starting with Kobe Bryant, who put up an efficient 42 points in the loss to Cleveland. (You can see his full comments below.)
“This it the most challenging stretch I’ve been in in my 17 years, for sure,” Bryant said. “The most baffling…
“I don’t know if we’re too slow of a team and we’ve got to change things up a little bit and just play a slower game or what,” Bryant said. “I don’t know.”
Mike D’Antoni — the guy brought in to have answers after an 0-8 preseason and a slow start when the games mattered — didn’t have any either (again via the Register).
“I hate it,” he said. “I’m down.”
D’Antoni didn’t have clear answers for the Lakers’ problems, summarizing: “Right now, we’re all screwed up.”
Then D’Antoni made a joke Lakers fans will not find funny.
“It’s my job to fix it, and that’s what I’ll do. Give me some time … a couple or three years.”
Dwight Howard’s spirit is not easily broken, so it shouldn’t be shocking that while frustrated he remained more positive.
“There’ll come a day when it’ll all be done. Right now we’re rabbits. Everybody has a gun.”
And in the end, Kobe was optimistic, too.
“It’s going to come. I have kind of a good feeling about it for whatever reason.”
Which is more than we can say for Lakers fans right now.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15