Dec 12, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
The league saw it as intentional and has suspended Cousins one game, it announced Wednesday afternoon. Cousins will be forced to sit Wednesday when the Kings play the Bucks.
The hit caused Mayo to say Cousins has “mental issues” and generally slam Cousins. Of course, that is a little of the pot calling the kettle black, which is what Cousins said in his response.
But the bottom line is it was a punch to the groin that is going to cost Cousins a game and a game check.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6