Dec 12, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
The league saw it as intentional and has suspended Cousins one game, it announced Wednesday afternoon. Cousins will be forced to sit Wednesday when the Kings play the Bucks.
The hit caused Mayo to say Cousins has “mental issues” and generally slam Cousins. Of course, that is a little of the pot calling the kettle black, which is what Cousins said in his response.
But the bottom line is it was a punch to the groin that is going to cost Cousins a game and a game check.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33