Dec 12, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
The league saw it as intentional and has suspended Cousins one game, it announced Wednesday afternoon. Cousins will be forced to sit Wednesday when the Kings play the Bucks.
The hit caused Mayo to say Cousins has “mental issues” and generally slam Cousins. Of course, that is a little of the pot calling the kettle black, which is what Cousins said in his response.
But the bottom line is it was a punch to the groin that is going to cost Cousins a game and a game check.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49