Dec 12, 2012, 5:12 PM EST
The league saw it as intentional and has suspended Cousins one game, it announced Wednesday afternoon. Cousins will be forced to sit Wednesday when the Kings play the Bucks.
The hit caused Mayo to say Cousins has “mental issues” and generally slam Cousins. Of course, that is a little of the pot calling the kettle black, which is what Cousins said in his response.
But the bottom line is it was a punch to the groin that is going to cost Cousins a game and a game check.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)