Dec 12, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
The league saw it as intentional and has suspended Cousins one game, it announced Wednesday afternoon. Cousins will be forced to sit Wednesday when the Kings play the Bucks.
The hit caused Mayo to say Cousins has “mental issues” and generally slam Cousins. Of course, that is a little of the pot calling the kettle black, which is what Cousins said in his response.
But the bottom line is it was a punch to the groin that is going to cost Cousins a game and a game check.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 10
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 31
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19