Dec 12, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Jason Terry is an NBA veteran, and league veterans tend not to take the business of the Association too personally.
So Jason Terry harbors no ill will toward Dallas, something he said as he and his Celtics teammates face Dallas Wednesday night. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t disappointed Mark Cuban decided to take the team another direction — one-year contracts so Cuban can target free agents to pair with Dirk Nowtizki next summer after missing on Deron Williams and the last crop.
Ill will or not, Terry will be fired up to take on his old team Wednesday and show them up.
Terry was open about that and how happy he is now in Boston, speaking with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“[The Mavs] wanted to go in a different direction,” Terry told CSNNE.com recently. “That’s part of the business. You’re not always going to like it, but it is what it is….
“I had a great time in Dallas, and I still have a lot of friends and people I care about there, both in the city and within the organization,” Terry said recently. “But that’s part of my past. My present is here with the Boston Celtics. And my mindset going into that game is the same as it is every game, to win. That’s what it’s all about.”
Terry is in Boston hoping to find what he did in Dallas — a good team that comes together perfectly at the right time and can ride that wave of momentum to a title. In Dallas he was a key part of that run, in Boston he will have to be come the postseason.
But for now, it’s just about beating his old mates.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 0
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 12
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11