Dec 12, 2012, 1:04 PM EST
Jason Terry is an NBA veteran, and league veterans tend not to take the business of the Association too personally.
So Jason Terry harbors no ill will toward Dallas, something he said as he and his Celtics teammates face Dallas Wednesday night. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t disappointed Mark Cuban decided to take the team another direction — one-year contracts so Cuban can target free agents to pair with Dirk Nowtizki next summer after missing on Deron Williams and the last crop.
Ill will or not, Terry will be fired up to take on his old team Wednesday and show them up.
Terry was open about that and how happy he is now in Boston, speaking with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“[The Mavs] wanted to go in a different direction,” Terry told CSNNE.com recently. “That’s part of the business. You’re not always going to like it, but it is what it is….
“I had a great time in Dallas, and I still have a lot of friends and people I care about there, both in the city and within the organization,” Terry said recently. “But that’s part of my past. My present is here with the Boston Celtics. And my mindset going into that game is the same as it is every game, to win. That’s what it’s all about.”
Terry is in Boston hoping to find what he did in Dallas — a good team that comes together perfectly at the right time and can ride that wave of momentum to a title. In Dallas he was a key part of that run, in Boston he will have to be come the postseason.
But for now, it’s just about beating his old mates.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (44)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)