Dec 12, 2012, 1:04 PM EST
Jason Terry is an NBA veteran, and league veterans tend not to take the business of the Association too personally.
So Jason Terry harbors no ill will toward Dallas, something he said as he and his Celtics teammates face Dallas Wednesday night. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t disappointed Mark Cuban decided to take the team another direction — one-year contracts so Cuban can target free agents to pair with Dirk Nowtizki next summer after missing on Deron Williams and the last crop.
Ill will or not, Terry will be fired up to take on his old team Wednesday and show them up.
Terry was open about that and how happy he is now in Boston, speaking with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“[The Mavs] wanted to go in a different direction,” Terry told CSNNE.com recently. “That’s part of the business. You’re not always going to like it, but it is what it is….
“I had a great time in Dallas, and I still have a lot of friends and people I care about there, both in the city and within the organization,” Terry said recently. “But that’s part of my past. My present is here with the Boston Celtics. And my mindset going into that game is the same as it is every game, to win. That’s what it’s all about.”
Terry is in Boston hoping to find what he did in Dallas — a good team that comes together perfectly at the right time and can ride that wave of momentum to a title. In Dallas he was a key part of that run, in Boston he will have to be come the postseason.
But for now, it’s just about beating his old mates.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39