Dec 12, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Jason Terry is an NBA veteran, and league veterans tend not to take the business of the Association too personally.
So Jason Terry harbors no ill will toward Dallas, something he said as he and his Celtics teammates face Dallas Wednesday night. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t disappointed Mark Cuban decided to take the team another direction — one-year contracts so Cuban can target free agents to pair with Dirk Nowtizki next summer after missing on Deron Williams and the last crop.
Ill will or not, Terry will be fired up to take on his old team Wednesday and show them up.
Terry was open about that and how happy he is now in Boston, speaking with A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“[The Mavs] wanted to go in a different direction,” Terry told CSNNE.com recently. “That’s part of the business. You’re not always going to like it, but it is what it is….
“I had a great time in Dallas, and I still have a lot of friends and people I care about there, both in the city and within the organization,” Terry said recently. “But that’s part of my past. My present is here with the Boston Celtics. And my mindset going into that game is the same as it is every game, to win. That’s what it’s all about.”
Terry is in Boston hoping to find what he did in Dallas — a good team that comes together perfectly at the right time and can ride that wave of momentum to a title. In Dallas he was a key part of that run, in Boston he will have to be come the postseason.
But for now, it’s just about beating his old mates.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11