Dec 12, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
The Nets have been struggling lately, and will head into Toronto on Wednesday night riding a five-game losing streak.
Miami, Oklahoma City, and most recently, the Knicks have accounted for three of those losses, so it’s not anything to be too concerned about. And given the situation with the Raptors, it’ll be almost impossible for the Nets to fall for a sixth straight time.
Toronto is down to just eight healthy players, and the ones who will be available aren’t exactly the team’s best. Andrea Bargnani and Kyle Lowry are both among the injured, and are usually in the starting lineup.
From the Associated Press:
“We’ve got bad luck everywhere,” leading scorer DeMar DeRozan said.
For Raptors coach Dwane Casey, the advice to his players is simple.
“This is when you have to pull your pants up — I think I heard the term `big boy pants’ – and be ready to play,” Casey said during the shootaround. “That’s where I am. I’m a fighter. I’m a scrapper. I’m still with this team. We’re working hard … I’m not shying away from this challenge and this opportunity.”
We need to retire the term “big boy pants,” especially after the way a certain broadcaster used it in describing the way the Lakers lost a game earlier this season.
That aside, it’s been a brutal season in Toronto thus far. Things aren’t going to get any easier Wednesday against a Nets team that desperately needs to begin to get things turned around.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20