Dec 11, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
New York returned the favor to Brooklyn on Tuesday night with a dramatic win — Jason Kidd with what turned out to be the game-winning three.
Was it legit? Jeff Van Gundy doesn’t think so and he has a point, Kidd kicked out his leg to get Jerry Stackhouse on the foul. It worked and while I wouldn’t take the game-winning shot away it wouldn’t shock me if Kidd got a flopping foul (this was shown in the league video on what constitutes a flop).
But the bigger issue for the Nets might be how open Kidd — a deadly three-point shooter — was after the J.R. Smith drive.
Kidd missed the free throw. (In best Rasheed Wallace voice) BALL DON’T LIE!
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 40
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23