Dec 11, 2012, 7:12 PM EST
When I put together a list of coaches who could be on the hot seat I added Vinny Del Negro because it was obligatory. Fans saw him in Chicago, they heard the now-gone GM wanted him out the middle of last season and there is a national sense he can’t be the guy that coaches this team deep into the playoffs.
But the reality is at 14-6 he is the coach of the team that, if everything comes together, could be the second best team in the West right now. The fact is he is not going anywhere this season and it would take a playoff collapse or a push from key players to force him out.
And the fact is, the players speak well of him. As you can see above from a CSNChicago.com video. The Clippers players like the freedom Del Negro gives them.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 0
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 22
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 51
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (53)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)