Dec 11, 2012, 7:12 PM EST
When I put together a list of coaches who could be on the hot seat I added Vinny Del Negro because it was obligatory. Fans saw him in Chicago, they heard the now-gone GM wanted him out the middle of last season and there is a national sense he can’t be the guy that coaches this team deep into the playoffs.
But the reality is at 14-6 he is the coach of the team that, if everything comes together, could be the second best team in the West right now. The fact is he is not going anywhere this season and it would take a playoff collapse or a push from key players to force him out.
And the fact is, the players speak well of him. As you can see above from a CSNChicago.com video. The Clippers players like the freedom Del Negro gives them.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 3
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3