Dec 11, 2012, 7:12 PM EDT
When I put together a list of coaches who could be on the hot seat I added Vinny Del Negro because it was obligatory. Fans saw him in Chicago, they heard the now-gone GM wanted him out the middle of last season and there is a national sense he can’t be the guy that coaches this team deep into the playoffs.
But the reality is at 14-6 he is the coach of the team that, if everything comes together, could be the second best team in the West right now. The fact is he is not going anywhere this season and it would take a playoff collapse or a push from key players to force him out.
And the fact is, the players speak well of him. As you can see above from a CSNChicago.com video. The Clippers players like the freedom Del Negro gives them.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 7
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9