Dec 11, 2012, 7:12 PM EDT
When I put together a list of coaches who could be on the hot seat I added Vinny Del Negro because it was obligatory. Fans saw him in Chicago, they heard the now-gone GM wanted him out the middle of last season and there is a national sense he can’t be the guy that coaches this team deep into the playoffs.
But the reality is at 14-6 he is the coach of the team that, if everything comes together, could be the second best team in the West right now. The fact is he is not going anywhere this season and it would take a playoff collapse or a push from key players to force him out.
And the fact is, the players speak well of him. As you can see above from a CSNChicago.com video. The Clippers players like the freedom Del Negro gives them.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59