Dec 11, 2012, 7:12 PM EST
When I put together a list of coaches who could be on the hot seat I added Vinny Del Negro because it was obligatory. Fans saw him in Chicago, they heard the now-gone GM wanted him out the middle of last season and there is a national sense he can’t be the guy that coaches this team deep into the playoffs.
But the reality is at 14-6 he is the coach of the team that, if everything comes together, could be the second best team in the West right now. The fact is he is not going anywhere this season and it would take a playoff collapse or a push from key players to force him out.
And the fact is, the players speak well of him. As you can see above from a CSNChicago.com video. The Clippers players like the freedom Del Negro gives them.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)