Dec 11, 2012, 1:43 AM EDT
Amir Johnson, your suspension is coming. You may want to ask Rajon Rondo the good places to hang out in Mexico during your time off.
Watch the video above and you’ll see why. Toronto was down double digits in the third quarter when Portland’s J.J. Hickson drains the first of two free throws and as often happens Johnson grabs the ball and hands it to the referee.
Then Johnson won’t let go of the basketball and he and referee David Jones get into a struggle over who can hold the ball. A silly struggle. Jones gets frustrated, ejects Johnson, and then the Raptor forward flies into a rage. And he throws his mouthpiece and hits Jones.
After the game, Johnson appologized admitted that was stupid (but wouldn’t take all the blame), via Ben Golliver of Sports Illustrated (he had he video, as well).
“I think [it was childish] between both of us,” Johnson said. “We were both wrestling with the ball. That was kind of childish. We both either could of let it go or anything. That part was childish. Plus, on my part for reacting that way….
“I think it was just real childish,” Johnson said. “It was something that didn’t need to happen. I lost my cool. I apologize on that part. I’ve never been kicked out of a game before or been teed up like that.”
Childish is a good word for it. Stupid is as well.
Expensive will be another because he is going to miss a number of games for this without pay. Expect the suspension to come down Tuesday.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 8
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7