Dec 11, 2012, 4:34 PM EST
While this news should come with about as much surprise as the news Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards once did drugs, we pass it along anyway.
Pau Gasol will not suit up for the Lakers on Tuesday night against Cleveland due to knee tendonitis, reports the Los Angeles Times. This will be the fifth game he misses, the Lakers are 1-3 without him so far.
The Lakers are on a four-game road trip with the next stop in New York Thursday for a nationally televised game against the Knicks. So Mike D’Antoni, is Gasol going to play in Madison Square Garden?
“Who knows?” he said Tuesday. “It’s an enigma.”
I don’t know. I think Andrea Bargnani is an enigma. On the off chance you get to coach him someday, Mike.
The Lakers road trip heads to Washington Friday then Philly on Sunday for the “What is the deal with Andrew Bynum?” festival.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54