Dec 11, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
While this news should come with about as much surprise as the news Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards once did drugs, we pass it along anyway.
Pau Gasol will not suit up for the Lakers on Tuesday night against Cleveland due to knee tendonitis, reports the Los Angeles Times. This will be the fifth game he misses, the Lakers are 1-3 without him so far.
The Lakers are on a four-game road trip with the next stop in New York Thursday for a nationally televised game against the Knicks. So Mike D’Antoni, is Gasol going to play in Madison Square Garden?
“Who knows?” he said Tuesday. “It’s an enigma.”
I don’t know. I think Andrea Bargnani is an enigma. On the off chance you get to coach him someday, Mike.
The Lakers road trip heads to Washington Friday then Philly on Sunday for the “What is the deal with Andrew Bynum?” festival.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 9
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31