Dec 11, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
While this news should come with about as much surprise as the news Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards once did drugs, we pass it along anyway.
Pau Gasol will not suit up for the Lakers on Tuesday night against Cleveland due to knee tendonitis, reports the Los Angeles Times. This will be the fifth game he misses, the Lakers are 1-3 without him so far.
The Lakers are on a four-game road trip with the next stop in New York Thursday for a nationally televised game against the Knicks. So Mike D’Antoni, is Gasol going to play in Madison Square Garden?
“Who knows?” he said Tuesday. “It’s an enigma.”
I don’t know. I think Andrea Bargnani is an enigma. On the off chance you get to coach him someday, Mike.
The Lakers road trip heads to Washington Friday then Philly on Sunday for the “What is the deal with Andrew Bynum?” festival.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 3
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27