Dec 11, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
While this news should come with about as much surprise as the news Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards once did drugs, we pass it along anyway.
Pau Gasol will not suit up for the Lakers on Tuesday night against Cleveland due to knee tendonitis, reports the Los Angeles Times. This will be the fifth game he misses, the Lakers are 1-3 without him so far.
The Lakers are on a four-game road trip with the next stop in New York Thursday for a nationally televised game against the Knicks. So Mike D’Antoni, is Gasol going to play in Madison Square Garden?
“Who knows?” he said Tuesday. “It’s an enigma.”
I don’t know. I think Andrea Bargnani is an enigma. On the off chance you get to coach him someday, Mike.
The Lakers road trip heads to Washington Friday then Philly on Sunday for the “What is the deal with Andrew Bynum?” festival.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 6
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 15
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18