Dec 11, 2012, 4:34 PM EST
While this news should come with about as much surprise as the news Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards once did drugs, we pass it along anyway.
Pau Gasol will not suit up for the Lakers on Tuesday night against Cleveland due to knee tendonitis, reports the Los Angeles Times. This will be the fifth game he misses, the Lakers are 1-3 without him so far.
The Lakers are on a four-game road trip with the next stop in New York Thursday for a nationally televised game against the Knicks. So Mike D’Antoni, is Gasol going to play in Madison Square Garden?
“Who knows?” he said Tuesday. “It’s an enigma.”
I don’t know. I think Andrea Bargnani is an enigma. On the off chance you get to coach him someday, Mike.
The Lakers road trip heads to Washington Friday then Philly on Sunday for the “What is the deal with Andrew Bynum?” festival.
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 12
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14