Dec 10, 2012, 4:07 PM EST
The original timeline had John Wall back on the court for the Washington Wizards somewhere around Thanksgiving. Now we are getting to the point you need to start your Christmas shopping and he is not on the practice court, he’s not running, he’s nowhere near back.
When the Wizards are asked about a timeline, they say there is none. But speaking with reporters about possibly bringing in a free agent point guard (because backup A.J. Price injured), Wizards coach Randy Wittman let it slip it could be a while. From CSNWashington.com.
“We’re going to look at a lot of different things,” Wittman said. “John’s bearing doesn’t play with that because John’s still some weeks from getting on the floor and practicing. So if we were really strapped we’d bring someone in.”
There is no basketball reason for the Wizards to rush Wall back at this point. The season is lost. Sorry to say that so early in a season, but at 2-15 they are done. What is the point of pushing Wall now? The Wizards aren’t doing that, and frankly if Wall ends up missing most of or all of the season, so what? It’s not a great draft but better to get a quality player for the lineup than to push for a playoff spot and just hurt your draft stock.
As for bringing a player in, don’t be shocked if the Wizards go with a forward. Trevor Ariza and Travis Booker are both out for a few more weeks, getting some production out of that spot may be the bigger key.
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 0
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 6
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 14
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19