Dec 10, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
The original timeline had John Wall back on the court for the Washington Wizards somewhere around Thanksgiving. Now we are getting to the point you need to start your Christmas shopping and he is not on the practice court, he’s not running, he’s nowhere near back.
When the Wizards are asked about a timeline, they say there is none. But speaking with reporters about possibly bringing in a free agent point guard (because backup A.J. Price injured), Wizards coach Randy Wittman let it slip it could be a while. From CSNWashington.com.
“We’re going to look at a lot of different things,” Wittman said. “John’s bearing doesn’t play with that because John’s still some weeks from getting on the floor and practicing. So if we were really strapped we’d bring someone in.”
There is no basketball reason for the Wizards to rush Wall back at this point. The season is lost. Sorry to say that so early in a season, but at 2-15 they are done. What is the point of pushing Wall now? The Wizards aren’t doing that, and frankly if Wall ends up missing most of or all of the season, so what? It’s not a great draft but better to get a quality player for the lineup than to push for a playoff spot and just hurt your draft stock.
As for bringing a player in, don’t be shocked if the Wizards go with a forward. Trevor Ariza and Travis Booker are both out for a few more weeks, getting some production out of that spot may be the bigger key.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 0
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 4
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 21
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement