Dec 10, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
In this exclusive interview with Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com, Andrew Bynum doesn’t say anything quite as deflating for Philly fans as he did when he met with the rest of the press later, but the message was largely the same:
The MRI on Dec. 20 is the big one. Either that will tell him to start ramping up for the season or to wait a month. Or however long.
What you want to take from Bynum’s talking with the press depends on the person you are — glass half full or glass half empty. Sports fans in general and Philly fans in particular are not known for their patience, but Bynum is forcing them to be. The question is will the payoff be worth it.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9