Dec 10, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
In this exclusive interview with Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com, Andrew Bynum doesn’t say anything quite as deflating for Philly fans as he did when he met with the rest of the press later, but the message was largely the same:
The MRI on Dec. 20 is the big one. Either that will tell him to start ramping up for the season or to wait a month. Or however long.
What you want to take from Bynum’s talking with the press depends on the person you are — glass half full or glass half empty. Sports fans in general and Philly fans in particular are not known for their patience, but Bynum is forcing them to be. The question is will the payoff be worth it.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 6
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 6
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19