Dec 10, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
In this exclusive interview with Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com, Andrew Bynum doesn’t say anything quite as deflating for Philly fans as he did when he met with the rest of the press later, but the message was largely the same:
The MRI on Dec. 20 is the big one. Either that will tell him to start ramping up for the season or to wait a month. Or however long.
What you want to take from Bynum’s talking with the press depends on the person you are — glass half full or glass half empty. Sports fans in general and Philly fans in particular are not known for their patience, but Bynum is forcing them to be. The question is will the payoff be worth it.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 19
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7