Dec 10, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
In this exclusive interview with Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com, Andrew Bynum doesn’t say anything quite as deflating for Philly fans as he did when he met with the rest of the press later, but the message was largely the same:
The MRI on Dec. 20 is the big one. Either that will tell him to start ramping up for the season or to wait a month. Or however long.
What you want to take from Bynum’s talking with the press depends on the person you are — glass half full or glass half empty. Sports fans in general and Philly fans in particular are not known for their patience, but Bynum is forcing them to be. The question is will the payoff be worth it.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18