Dec 10, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
After missing 11 games with a broken finger, the Cavaliers are expected to get Kyrie Irving back Tuesday night when they host the Lakers.
Irving practiced with the team Monday and is expected to go, tweets Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal. The return is about a week earlier than expected.
Without Irving the Cavaliers offense has been a mess — they have shot 40 percent as a team their last 10 games and scored an average of 97 points per 100 possessions. That’s been worse in the last 5 games, where it fell to 92.1 on 38.3 percent shooting. For some comparison, the Wizards have the worst offense in the NBA this season at 94.7.
Or, look at the bottom line — the Cavaliers are 1-9 in their last 10 games.
The reining Rookie of the Year had improved his play this season, averaging 22.9 points and 5.6 assists per game, although he took a slight dip in efficiency (which may be tied to the talent around him… again, look at their record without him).
There is no word on when Dion Waiters will return to play, but apparently not Tuesday.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona