Dec 10, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Reports leaked out last week that Derrick Rose was only a couple weeks away from practicing with the Bulls again. They came after video of him running some sprints next to the team’s practice court were shown.
Rose himself would not be that specific. Nor does he sound like he is rushing it.
The Bulls hosted a charity event for 100 Chicago children on Sunday and CSNChicago.com was there and spoke with Rose.
“I’m feeling good right now. Rehab is going good. I’m working out six times a week and I’m trying to get on the court as soon as possible but being patient and taking my time,” he said. “And everything’s going pretty good.”
The original buzz was we could expect to see Rose back after the All-Star break in mid-February, but it is possible that date could be moved up a little.
But not a lot. Both the Bulls and Rose have said this before — this is not about getting him back for some February regular season games, this is about the next five years. Rose is the franchise anchor and he needs to be right. If he misses the entire season that would not be a terrible thing for the Bulls. Heck, they lead the Central Division right now without him.
Rose is a competitor and wants back. I expect we will see that this season. Just don’t expect soon, no matter how well the workouts are going.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay