Stephen Jackson fined $25,000 for verbal threat to Ibaka

Dec 9, 2012, 11:14 PM EST

stephen-jackson-spurs

Team officials keep telling players “anything you say on twitter is like saying it to a reporter.” It’s not a private communication.

Stephen Jackson threatened Serge Ibaka on twitter after he saw Ibaka and Metta World Peace get tangled up a few days back (although Jackson said it was not about that). Eventually Jackson tried to apologize, but it was too late.

The league fined Jackson $25,000 for “issuing a hostile statement directed to Serge Ibaka in a Twitter message.”

The fine is not for Jackson’s spelling of Ibaka’s name, it was for the tone of his tweet (which Jackson has since removed.

“Somebody tel serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That’s a promise. He doin 2 much.”

I’m not totally sure what “goin in his mouth” means but it creeps me out. Maybe it creeped the league office out, too, so that is how we go to the fine.

So there’s a fine and an apology. Still, want to watch next time the Spurs and Thunder get together.

1. andiroid71 - Dec 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM

How about a fine…and some spelling lessons to go with it?

2. sawxalicious - Dec 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Thug life!!!

3. dko83 - Dec 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM

It creeps me out too. It’s blatantly homo-erotic. Glad this clown got fined.

4. charlescub80 - Dec 10, 2012 at 4:19 AM

I hope going in his mouth means with his fist. Weird.

• spthegr8 - Dec 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Going in his mouth means, Punched in the mouth!!!! Not too many brother’s on this site I take it LLS!!!!!

5. davidly - Dec 10, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I think he was referring to Goin Madaseus, orator of classic antiquity. What he meant was that he would have plenty to say and that the words would speak for themselves…
    …fer real, tho;-D

6. nokoolaidcowboy - Dec 10, 2012 at 6:41 AM

That was one expensive threat!

7. fanofevilempire - Dec 10, 2012 at 6:56 AM

sure cost a lot to go in another mans mouth……………………

8. skids003 - Dec 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM

These divas are all full of it.

9. progress2011 - Dec 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM

You DORKS need to get out more !

The majority of the players in the league, don’t speak The Kings English……ON PURPOSE !!!

Therefore, it would behoove you to have some ability to comprehend, what the players are talking about, if you plan to be a writer/ fan / critic……whatever !

Get your pocket protector out and write on it…..Goin in Yo Mouf = I’m gonna kick Yo A$$

Now go back to your previous NERD activities and don’t forget your dunce cap !

• tuberippin - Dec 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM

You clearly do not realize the irony of taking to a comment board to call out other people on the comment board for being “dorks” who “need to get out more”.

• progress2011 - Dec 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Turpentine….

Did you have a comment or is the gibberish you said, supposed to mean something to anyone, other than a NERD.

• tuberippin - Dec 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM

So what’s it like to troll and be bad at it? You can’t reasonably expect me to believe that you understand the terms “behoove” and “comprehend” but don’t understand the term “irony”.

But here, let me write, like you do, where I stop to insert punctuation; where it doesn’t ….. belong? and then I keep / on / writing as though, my opinion, has any more value…than anyone else !

Do everyone a favor and go get clapped up, clown.

• progress2011 - Dec 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Turpentine….

I truly couldn’t possibly care LESS about you or what you think…..REALLY !!!

Secondly DORK….I’m blogging…I have ZERO intention of writing the “KINGS ENGLISH” .

I will leave that to you and your DORKY friends to run a spell, grammar check…ahahahahah !!!

Go KRAZY wit it !!!!

I pay my secretary $11 an hour, to do that job…run my spell checks etc…..it’s a really important task that I delegate to folk like you …..ahahahahaha !!!!

10. progress2011 - Dec 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Something about grown men and testosterone ! There will always be fights….that’s our primal nature.

Ya’ll DORKS can attempt to clean it up all you like BUT the fact remains, over the course of humanity, humans have enjoyed violence.

EX: I guess the ENTIRE Hockey league is a bunch of “THUGS” ! They fight EVERYGAME and EVERYNITE ….but the clandestine use of “THUGS” is only reserved for the NBA…….hmmmmmmm !

Ancient Romans had gladiator contests where participants fought to the death and human beings were thrown to the lions and other beastly animals.

That brutal history is rewarded honorably now, with movies, books, statues and monuments that ran those “civilizations”………guess that’s not barbaric and definitely not “THUGGISH”.

We won’t even start to discuss the “THUGS” that historically ran European nations…..WOW…talk about “THUGS” !

In light of some of the brutal “THUGGISH” history of some of previously mentioned categories…..I’m Rollin with Steven Jackson and his version of verbal “THUG-LIFE” . One where he just talks the part.

P.S. notice the subliminal message of Steven Jackson’s picture, this site has chosen to use regularly. REALLY, is that the only pic you can find !
    Conversely, look at all the pics of Nash, Gasol or Dirk….they are made to look like choir boys….ahahahaha…..so lame ! So Sad !!!

• charlescub80 - Dec 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM

It’s ok to have a crush on Steven Jackson. Just tone down the anger. You sound like he just went in yo mouth… Bwahahahahaha!!!!

• progress2011 - Dec 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

ChubbyCharles…

Not angry….just slapping you with FACTS ! I’m actually having fun.

Now that S.Jackson has given you a new phrase….all NERDS rejoice ! Have fun with that…NERD !

• spthegr8 - Dec 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM

@Progress2011
      I am a Laker fan and we ALL know, you hate Kobe. So you and I don’t usually, see eye too eye. But MAN….. Couldn’t have put it ANY better myself!!!! Preach on bruh. Preach on!!!

• progress2011 - Dec 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Be careful Spthegr8….

Agreeing with me will get you a countless number of thumbs down.

Folk not exposed to the real world and real life experiences outside the farms in rural American towns, can’t comprehend the diverse and global thoughts of folk outside their towns.

I primarily use blogging as a way to communicate, irritate and provoke thought to the many Americans and folk around the world…..that are in SEVERE need of ” DIVERSITY TRAINING”….

ahahahahaha

11. jammer73 - Dec 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hooked on Phonics anyone?

12. fanofevilempire - Dec 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Stephen Jackson sounds like a fool and defending him makes you one as well.
    I hope he doesn’t speak to his children like this because they will spread this at
    school and other innocent children will soon speak like idiots.

a nerd in Brooklyn, New York

• progress2011 - Dec 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Dorky Nerd ….in the evilempire….

Be Real…You don’t care nothin bout his kids !

Plus, he makes enough bread, his kids are probably private schooled and probably even speak “The Kings English”.

Plus as a father, how we handle business in the streets, is not how we handle business at home, with our wives and children.

Only a DORK would attempt to generalize our street behavior with what goes on at the crib.

If you and the other NERDS stroke me a check, I will educate you on the basics of being a NON-NERD !!!

13. originate421 - Dec 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I guess when you do clownish things, like an NBA player throwing punches at innocent fans at the game, people will use clown like pictures of you.

14. brandedthefirst - Dec 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Wow! He sho Nuff has a gateted gap! How’s that for “kings English ” LOL who died and made you the getto liaisons?

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches