Dec 9, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
After shootaround on Sunday, Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said that Pau Gasol will miss another game due to the knee tendonitis that kept him out three games already, according to Lakers reporter Mike Trudell.
That really wasn’t a surprise.
What was interesting was reporters seeing Steve Nash moving much better going through workout drills at the Lakers facility. Which led to the obvious question of when half of the Lakers four stars might return to the court as the team heads out of a four-game road trip this week.
Pau Gasol will not play tonight vs. Utah. Like Nash, it’s possible he plays on the trip, but D’Antoni can’t be certain.
— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) December 9, 2012
And when Gasol does come back it is possible he comes off the bench, although that doesn’t solve the bigger issue problems.
Possible is the best you can get right now, Lakers fans. You need to hope that in the 62 games they have left they can get that groove we all expected from them and they are a threat in the post season. Don’t worry that they will have a hard time getting a top-four seed in the West (they are not catching the Spurs or Thunder, very likely not Memphis and they are 4.5 games back of a good Clippers team in the Pacific). What the Lakers need to focus on is hitting their stride for the playoffs.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 1
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50