Dec 9, 2012, 2:16 PM EST
After shootaround on Sunday, Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said that Pau Gasol will miss another game due to the knee tendonitis that kept him out three games already, according to Lakers reporter Mike Trudell.
That really wasn’t a surprise.
What was interesting was reporters seeing Steve Nash moving much better going through workout drills at the Lakers facility. Which led to the obvious question of when half of the Lakers four stars might return to the court as the team heads out of a four-game road trip this week.
Pau Gasol will not play tonight vs. Utah. Like Nash, it’s possible he plays on the trip, but D’Antoni can’t be certain.
— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) December 9, 2012
And when Gasol does come back it is possible he comes off the bench, although that doesn’t solve the bigger issue problems.
Possible is the best you can get right now, Lakers fans. You need to hope that in the 62 games they have left they can get that groove we all expected from them and they are a threat in the post season. Don’t worry that they will have a hard time getting a top-four seed in the West (they are not catching the Spurs or Thunder, very likely not Memphis and they are 4.5 games back of a good Clippers team in the Pacific). What the Lakers need to focus on is hitting their stride for the playoffs.
- Tuesday night NBA grades: Damian Lillard is clutch 0
- Nuggets Jordan Hamilton ejected for striking Thunder’s Steven Adams (VIDEO) 3
- Asik trade update: Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland and Philadelphia most likely destinations 6
- Another day, another Damian Lillard game-winning shot 10
- Spurs’ Tony Parker out at least two games with shin injury 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (104)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (46)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)