Dec 9, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
After shootaround on Sunday, Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said that Pau Gasol will miss another game due to the knee tendonitis that kept him out three games already, according to Lakers reporter Mike Trudell.
That really wasn’t a surprise.
What was interesting was reporters seeing Steve Nash moving much better going through workout drills at the Lakers facility. Which led to the obvious question of when half of the Lakers four stars might return to the court as the team heads out of a four-game road trip this week.
Pau Gasol will not play tonight vs. Utah. Like Nash, it’s possible he plays on the trip, but D’Antoni can’t be certain.
— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) December 9, 2012
And when Gasol does come back it is possible he comes off the bench, although that doesn’t solve the bigger issue problems.
Possible is the best you can get right now, Lakers fans. You need to hope that in the 62 games they have left they can get that groove we all expected from them and they are a threat in the post season. Don’t worry that they will have a hard time getting a top-four seed in the West (they are not catching the Spurs or Thunder, very likely not Memphis and they are 4.5 games back of a good Clippers team in the Pacific). What the Lakers need to focus on is hitting their stride for the playoffs.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17