Dec 9, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Kevin McHale returned to coach the Rockets on Saturday, after being away from the team for an extended leave of absence due to the passing of his daughter a couple of weeks back.
Before tip-off, the Mavericks players lined up to individually greet, hug, and shake hands with McHale as a show of empathy for all that he’s been through.
Great, great moment.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 9
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 16
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18