Dec 9, 2012, 5:46 PM EST
Chris Wilcox has been fined $25,000 for making an obscene gesture to fans during the game between the Celtics and the Sixers on Dec. 7, the league announced.
The incident occurred during a timeout with 8:47 remaining in the fourth quarter.
But what exactly did Wilcox do to deserve such a hefty fine?
Kiss cam ends with Chris Wilcox flipping off the camera man when he and Jared Sullinger put on board.
— Chris Forsberg (@ESPNForsberg) December 8, 2012
Ah, giving the finger to an arena full of NBA fans. Yep, that’ll do it.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0