Stephen Jackson has strong words for Serge Ibaka

Dec 8, 2012, 6:30 PM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder v San Antonio Spurs - Game Five Getty Images

Late in the Thunder’s win over the Lakers on Friday, Metta World Peace and Serge Ibaka got tangled up while battling for rebound position inside.

Both players received technical fouls, a few words were exchanged, and that was that.

But another NBA player watching from afar sided with World Peace, and had some strong words for Ibaka that he made public via his Twitter account.

From Stephen Jackson of the San Antonio Spurs:

source:

That’s a photo of the tweet taken from SBNation, who embedded it earlier. Jackson has since deleted it, but he’s not pretending that it never existed.

Jackson wanted to make it clear that his issue with Ibaka was a personal one, and that he wasn’t simply coming to the defense of his former teammate from his days in Indiana, Metta World Peace Ron Artest.

“FYI my Ibaka comment had nothing to do with Ron Artest,” Jackson wrote, and then posted to his Instagram page. “Last 2 times we played he ran up on me and I told him in the game next time u run up on me I’m going in ya mouth. I’m speaking for myself. For u all who wanna jump to conclusions.”

This is a very long-winded way of saying that Stephen Jackson appeared to use his social media accounts to threaten Serge Ibaka.

The league could of course fine Jackson for this, if in fact they can determine exactly what the phrase “going in ya mouth” means. It doesn’t sound pleasant, that’s for sure, and should Jackson get into it with Ibaka on the court when the Spurs and the Thunder next meet on Dec. 17, whatever ends up taking place will now be viewed as premeditated on Jackson’s part, to say the least.

1. itsonlyaspeedbump - Dec 9, 2012 at 3:36 AM

I read this tweet and the first thing I thought is that somewhere, someone thinks Lebron James is a much worse guy than Jackson.

Hmm.

2. kavika6 - Dec 9, 2012 at 3:53 AM

I wonder which one is leading.

3. whatiwassayingwas - Dec 9, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I don’t think that Jackson is ready for some Congo!! Ibaka is just a better player and Jackson knows it. Go cry in the car Jackson and take your ego with you. You try popping Ibaka in the mouth in OKC and best be ready for the whole place to erupt!! I’m from OKC and we don’t take to kindly to shit talkers and that’s when we kick in the shit talkers with our shit kickers!! Bahahahaha!!

• badintent - Dec 11, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Hey, is hockey back ? Dat sh*t sure nuff sounds like hockey fighting words !

4. rg3isvictory - Dec 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Did this terrible site really delete my post? Pathetic!

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches