Dec 8, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
Both players received technical fouls, a few words were exchanged, and that was that.
But another NBA player watching from afar sided with World Peace, and had some strong words for Ibaka that he made public via his Twitter account.
That’s a photo of the tweet taken from SBNation, who embedded it earlier. Jackson has since deleted it, but he’s not pretending that it never existed.
Jackson wanted to make it clear that his issue with Ibaka was a personal one, and that he wasn’t simply coming to the defense of his former teammate from his days in Indiana,
Metta World Peace Ron Artest.
“FYI my Ibaka comment had nothing to do with Ron Artest,” Jackson wrote, and then posted to his Instagram page. “Last 2 times we played he ran up on me and I told him in the game next time u run up on me I’m going in ya mouth. I’m speaking for myself. For u all who wanna jump to conclusions.”
This is a very long-winded way of saying that Stephen Jackson appeared to use his social media accounts to threaten Serge Ibaka.
The league could of course fine Jackson for this, if in fact they can determine exactly what the phrase “going in ya mouth” means. It doesn’t sound pleasant, that’s for sure, and should Jackson get into it with Ibaka on the court when the Spurs and the Thunder next meet on Dec. 17, whatever ends up taking place will now be viewed as premeditated on Jackson’s part, to say the least.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31