Dec 8, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
He realizes he has Chris Duhon isolated defending, and after a dribble or two in near the free throw line, he simply backs up and drains the three, with Duhon getting a little too close and committing the foul.
Upside-down finger guns all around — a celebration that was well-justified after a 27-point, five-assist performance that had this game in the win column for the Thunder by intermission.
We’ll give Westbrook the nod, though, given that his shot actually mattered, and helped cap off just a brilliant overall performance that ultimately was the reason for his team’s victory.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50