Dec 7, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
There are couple ways to look at Evan Turner‘s game. You can say he had 26 points and 10 points and that’s a good night. But I look at him shooting 10-26 — that’s 37.5 percent — and I see a gunner who was volume shooting not being efficient. Basically, he wasn’t good he just kept shooting until some went in.
But with a chance to win it in overtime after a Boston miss, he made an impressive play. He drove, got to the elbow and made the contested pull up. That was your game winner.
Rajon Rondo — who put up a triple-double on the night — had a shot to win it for Boston but his foot slipped as he planted for the shot and he missed with an airball. Doc Rivers said after the game that play was designed to be a Kevin Garnett shot.
We talk about how the Sixers gambled and planned a future with Andrew Bynum, but once again Doug Collins has got his team defending, making enough shots and winning. With that shot, Philly is 11-8.
Hat tip Eye on Basketball for the video.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29