Dec 7, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
There are couple ways to look at Evan Turner‘s game. You can say he had 26 points and 10 points and that’s a good night. But I look at him shooting 10-26 — that’s 37.5 percent — and I see a gunner who was volume shooting not being efficient. Basically, he wasn’t good he just kept shooting until some went in.
But with a chance to win it in overtime after a Boston miss, he made an impressive play. He drove, got to the elbow and made the contested pull up. That was your game winner.
Rajon Rondo — who put up a triple-double on the night — had a shot to win it for Boston but his foot slipped as he planted for the shot and he missed with an airball. Doc Rivers said after the game that play was designed to be a Kevin Garnett shot.
We talk about how the Sixers gambled and planned a future with Andrew Bynum, but once again Doug Collins has got his team defending, making enough shots and winning. With that shot, Philly is 11-8.
Hat tip Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 0
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 10
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9