Dec 7, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
There are couple ways to look at Evan Turner‘s game. You can say he had 26 points and 10 points and that’s a good night. But I look at him shooting 10-26 — that’s 37.5 percent — and I see a gunner who was volume shooting not being efficient. Basically, he wasn’t good he just kept shooting until some went in.
But with a chance to win it in overtime after a Boston miss, he made an impressive play. He drove, got to the elbow and made the contested pull up. That was your game winner.
Rajon Rondo — who put up a triple-double on the night — had a shot to win it for Boston but his foot slipped as he planted for the shot and he missed with an airball. Doc Rivers said after the game that play was designed to be a Kevin Garnett shot.
We talk about how the Sixers gambled and planned a future with Andrew Bynum, but once again Doug Collins has got his team defending, making enough shots and winning. With that shot, Philly is 11-8.
Hat tip Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 10
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 21