Dec 7, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
There are couple ways to look at Evan Turner‘s game. You can say he had 26 points and 10 points and that’s a good night. But I look at him shooting 10-26 — that’s 37.5 percent — and I see a gunner who was volume shooting not being efficient. Basically, he wasn’t good he just kept shooting until some went in.
But with a chance to win it in overtime after a Boston miss, he made an impressive play. He drove, got to the elbow and made the contested pull up. That was your game winner.
Rajon Rondo — who put up a triple-double on the night — had a shot to win it for Boston but his foot slipped as he planted for the shot and he missed with an airball. Doc Rivers said after the game that play was designed to be a Kevin Garnett shot.
We talk about how the Sixers gambled and planned a future with Andrew Bynum, but once again Doug Collins has got his team defending, making enough shots and winning. With that shot, Philly is 11-8.
Hat tip Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0