Dec 7, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
A lot of reporters — myself included — use a recording app on our smart phones to tape interviews with players/coaches/whoever. Your great fear — somebody decides to call at just the wrong moment.
As happened Wednesday night during Byron Scott’s pregame press conference. What we learn out of this is that Scott has very good phone manners — he refered to the caller by name, identified himself, tried to be helpful. I think he has a future in customer service if this “basketball thing” doesn’t work out.
And it’s good to see he’s kept his sense of humor, because this hasn’t been a fun season in Cleveland.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33