Dec 7, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
A lot of reporters — myself included — use a recording app on our smart phones to tape interviews with players/coaches/whoever. Your great fear — somebody decides to call at just the wrong moment.
As happened Wednesday night during Byron Scott’s pregame press conference. What we learn out of this is that Scott has very good phone manners — he refered to the caller by name, identified himself, tried to be helpful. I think he has a future in customer service if this “basketball thing” doesn’t work out.
And it’s good to see he’s kept his sense of humor, because this hasn’t been a fun season in Cleveland.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48