Dec 7, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
A lot of reporters — myself included — use a recording app on our smart phones to tape interviews with players/coaches/whoever. Your great fear — somebody decides to call at just the wrong moment.
As happened Wednesday night during Byron Scott’s pregame press conference. What we learn out of this is that Scott has very good phone manners — he refered to the caller by name, identified himself, tried to be helpful. I think he has a future in customer service if this “basketball thing” doesn’t work out.
And it’s good to see he’s kept his sense of humor, because this hasn’t been a fun season in Cleveland.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40