Dec 7, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
A lot of reporters — myself included — use a recording app on our smart phones to tape interviews with players/coaches/whoever. Your great fear — somebody decides to call at just the wrong moment.
As happened Wednesday night during Byron Scott’s pregame press conference. What we learn out of this is that Scott has very good phone manners — he refered to the caller by name, identified himself, tried to be helpful. I think he has a future in customer service if this “basketball thing” doesn’t work out.
And it’s good to see he’s kept his sense of humor, because this hasn’t been a fun season in Cleveland.
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 0
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 10
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 22
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 4