Dec 7, 2012, 5:51 PM EST
A lot of reporters — myself included — use a recording app on our smart phones to tape interviews with players/coaches/whoever. Your great fear — somebody decides to call at just the wrong moment.
As happened Wednesday night during Byron Scott’s pregame press conference. What we learn out of this is that Scott has very good phone manners — he refered to the caller by name, identified himself, tried to be helpful. I think he has a future in customer service if this “basketball thing” doesn’t work out.
And it’s good to see he’s kept his sense of humor, because this hasn’t been a fun season in Cleveland.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 7
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16