Shaq wants to be the “Pat Riley of comedy.” No, I don’t know what that means either.

Dec 7, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT

2nd Annual Cartoon Network Hall Of Game Awards - Arrivals Getty Images

When he’s not dragging down TNT’s Inside the NBA, Shaquille O’Neal has a lot of other things going on. A bunch of businesses. A brand to promote.

And a comedy tour. Shaq’s “All Star Comedy Jam” where he’s trying to get some young comedians exposure. And when talking to the Associated Press about it, he used a forced basketball analogy.

With his latest endeavor, Shaquille O’Neal now considers himself the “Pat Riley of comedy….”

“Humor is a big way to relieve stress, so me being a great leader and being an expert at organizational leadership, I could pick a team, I could pick a street ball team, I could pick a kickball team, I definitely could pick comedians,” O’Neal said.

Because kickball and comedy tours are interchangeable.

What does the “Pat Riley of comedy” even mean? Is he going to invite Stan Van Gundy on the comedy tour then kick him off and take over half way through?

I suppose he means he’s going to have success in great markets for attracting comedy free agents.

1. fanofevilempire - Dec 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM

he will slick his hair back and where Italian loafers with no socks.

everyone knew that silly……………..

2. sportsnut101 - Dec 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

He sucks on TNT him n Charles are the worse I ever seen Charles takes ten min to finish one answer Shaq just doesn’t fit. Reminds me when espn has emmit smith on preface n he was awful. Pls let shaq n Charles go

3. loungefly74 - Dec 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

shaq…you da man. no matter how dumb you may be…you still da man. (shaq redeems his lifetime pass from Laker fans yet again)

4. thenew013 - Dec 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM

shaq makes me laugh even when he isnt being funny

5. dko83 - Dec 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM

He’ll just have to settle for “The Mark David Chapman of Pregame Basketball Shows.”

6. monkeyhateclean - Dec 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM

To me, he’s already the Dr Kevorkian of anything he ever appears on, ever.

7. jimeejohnson - Dec 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM

So Riley’s a weirdo with Gucci styling. He’s not the first, nor will he be the last. Shaq should capitalize more on his Louisiana upbringing. Asians, who already love Shaq, will love him more. They eat crayfish, too.

8. badintent - Dec 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Shaq should just put on a big diaper, all he did in his book”Shaq talks back” was brag that he was a big kid.He’s right.

9. fruitcovejag - Dec 8, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I used to love the TNT show. Can’t watch it now.

10. scalfor3 - Dec 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Will he be holding any pandas on this tour?

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches