Dec 7, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
When he’s not dragging down TNT’s Inside the NBA, Shaquille O’Neal has a lot of other things going on. A bunch of businesses. A brand to promote.
And a comedy tour. Shaq’s “All Star Comedy Jam” where he’s trying to get some young comedians exposure. And when talking to the Associated Press about it, he used a forced basketball analogy.
With his latest endeavor, Shaquille O’Neal now considers himself the “Pat Riley of comedy….”
“Humor is a big way to relieve stress, so me being a great leader and being an expert at organizational leadership, I could pick a team, I could pick a street ball team, I could pick a kickball team, I definitely could pick comedians,” O’Neal said.
Because kickball and comedy tours are interchangeable.
What does the “Pat Riley of comedy” even mean? Is he going to invite Stan Van Gundy on the comedy tour then kick him off and take over half way through?
I suppose he means he’s going to have success in great markets for attracting comedy free agents.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31