Dec 7, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT
When he’s not dragging down TNT’s Inside the NBA, Shaquille O’Neal has a lot of other things going on. A bunch of businesses. A brand to promote.
And a comedy tour. Shaq’s “All Star Comedy Jam” where he’s trying to get some young comedians exposure. And when talking to the Associated Press about it, he used a forced basketball analogy.
With his latest endeavor, Shaquille O’Neal now considers himself the “Pat Riley of comedy….”
“Humor is a big way to relieve stress, so me being a great leader and being an expert at organizational leadership, I could pick a team, I could pick a street ball team, I could pick a kickball team, I definitely could pick comedians,” O’Neal said.
Because kickball and comedy tours are interchangeable.
What does the “Pat Riley of comedy” even mean? Is he going to invite Stan Van Gundy on the comedy tour then kick him off and take over half way through?
I suppose he means he’s going to have success in great markets for attracting comedy free agents.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30