Dec 7, 2012, 12:17 AM EST
The loss didn’t sit well with LeBron James.
The reigning MVP did all he could, finishing with a near triple-double statistical line of 31 points, 10 rebounds, and nine assists. But the Knicks bombed away from distance with 18 three-pointers, and Miami’s defense continued to struggle, only forcing seven New York turnovers.
Afterward, James did something very unusual, but not unfamiliar for a superstar in Miami after losing a marquee matchup.
LeBron went thru an extended workout after the game on the practice court. Said Knicks “kicked our ass” & he “had to get better”
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) December 7, 2012
In case you aren’t up to speed on the postgame routines of the league’s biggest stars, they typically are done getting their exercise for the night after playing 39 of 48 minutes in an NBA contest.
Maybe it’s something about Miami.
In March of 2011, Kobe Bryant emerged from the locker room after his Lakers lost to the Heat, and began going through a full workout on Miami’s home floor, in full view of reporters and arena workers.
LeBron’s workout was more private, but the message he was trying to send was the same. He’s willing to put in as much work as necessary for his team to get better, and do so immediately. We’ll see if his teammates follow suit.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9