Dec 7, 2012, 9:54 PM EDT
The leaping ability of JaVale McGee has been well-documented, yet he gave us another example of his skill in this department on Friday night against the Pacers.
McGee gets the ball on the wing, and after a single dribble, elevates and throws it down over Ian Mahinmi — literally. Afterward, he celebrates by … shoveling imaginary food into his mouth? JaVale being JaVale, I suppose.
This was not a dunk by any definition. But given the elevation and distance from the hoop, it might have been even more impressive.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18