Dec 7, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The good news is the Hornets’ Anthony Davis is on the court and running. He went through the walkthrough with the starters. But he has yet to be cleared for contact. So, not exactly close to a return, but he is getting there.
• While we are in New Orleans, Eric Gordon is “making progress” but there still is no timeline for his return to the Hornets.
• Timberwolves GM David Kahn rejected the idea that he is involved in Pau Gasol trade talks saying he hasn’t spoken with the Lakers since July. The Lakers are not trading Gasol in the short-term anyway, they want to see him paired with Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard all at once. They want to se what they have before making a rash decision. But if that doesn’t work out and the Lakers do shop Gasol, Minnesota might well be near the front of the line if they are willing to offer Nikola Pekovic and Derrick Williams (plus likely Luke Ridnour). But we’re a long way from there right now.
• The Lakers as a team went to see the movie “Lincoln” and Kobe poked some fun at his teammate’s expense.
• Here is a great look from Zach Lowe at Grantland at what is wrong with the Heat defense.
• Davis Stern talked about Kobe Bryant being on Michael Jordan’s pedestal. That will piss a few of you off.
• If you’re wondering why you didn’t see Roddy Beaubois playing for Dallas Thursday night, it’s because he has a dislocated finger.
• The Portland Trail Blazers have had more top executives leave. There is a changing of the guard with that team’s management right now.
• Finally, for you Friday afternoon amusement, a guy trying to dunk over a basketball rack and failing. Spectacularly. (Hat tip The Big Lead.)
Apr 24, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Westbrook’s level of annoyance is impressive.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
This is just interesting to watch.
Apr 24, 2014, 5:46 PM EDT
Sorry KD, but through two games Allen has been the MVP of this series.
Apr 24, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
No suspension for McRoberts. Somehow.
Apr 24, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Jabari Parker says he passed more than Carmelo because he had a better team to pass to.
Apr 24, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
He wants Steph Curry money, but he’ll likely get more like $7 million a year.
Apr 24, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Gasol basically wants D’Antoni gone, but even then he likely moves on.
Apr 24, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
Oscar Robertson thinks ‘Melo should get out of Dodge (and go to Houston).
Apr 24, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Kevin Pritchard tweets message from Pacers president
Apr 24, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Less-heralded Damien Inglis declares, too
Apr 24, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
He will not be getting a baseball contract soon.
Apr 24, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
Dwyane Wade does writeup on Serena Williams
Apr 24, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Harden is frustrated. He should be, shooting under 30 percent for two games.
Apr 24, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Grizzlies guard gets Joe Dumars Trophy over Jeff Green, Channing Frye, Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard and Mike Dunleavy
Apr 24, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Trail Blazers forward is averaging 44.5 points trhough two games
Apr 24, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
Dwight Howard was aggressive early and put on a show, but LaMarcus Aldridge won the war.
Apr 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
All three series Thursday night are tied 1-1.
Apr 24, 2014, 2:48 AM EDT
LA has 89 points and 26 rebounds in two games.
Apr 24, 2014, 1:40 AM EDT
Trail Blazers take 2-0 series lead with second win in Houston
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 37
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 46
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11