Dec 7, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The good news is the Hornets’ Anthony Davis is on the court and running. He went through the walkthrough with the starters. But he has yet to be cleared for contact. So, not exactly close to a return, but he is getting there.
• While we are in New Orleans, Eric Gordon is “making progress” but there still is no timeline for his return to the Hornets.
• Timberwolves GM David Kahn rejected the idea that he is involved in Pau Gasol trade talks saying he hasn’t spoken with the Lakers since July. The Lakers are not trading Gasol in the short-term anyway, they want to see him paired with Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard all at once. They want to se what they have before making a rash decision. But if that doesn’t work out and the Lakers do shop Gasol, Minnesota might well be near the front of the line if they are willing to offer Nikola Pekovic and Derrick Williams (plus likely Luke Ridnour). But we’re a long way from there right now.
• The Lakers as a team went to see the movie “Lincoln” and Kobe poked some fun at his teammate’s expense.
• Here is a great look from Zach Lowe at Grantland at what is wrong with the Heat defense.
• Davis Stern talked about Kobe Bryant being on Michael Jordan’s pedestal. That will piss a few of you off.
• If you’re wondering why you didn’t see Roddy Beaubois playing for Dallas Thursday night, it’s because he has a dislocated finger.
• The Portland Trail Blazers have had more top executives leave. There is a changing of the guard with that team’s management right now.
• Finally, for you Friday afternoon amusement, a guy trying to dunk over a basketball rack and failing. Spectacularly. (Hat tip The Big Lead.)
Nov 26, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Don’t forget to be thankful for the Raptors, too.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
Nov 26, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
Suns have three capable guards, and Thomas is the one coming off the bench.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Anthony was in severe pain after suffering back spasms on Monday against the Rockets.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Chandler didn’t fit the triangle but Rick Carlisle knew how to use him properly.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
West has been out since the preseason with an ankle injury.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
Clark had his best NBA season with L.A. back in 2013.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Detroit has a fundamentally flawed roster.
Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets
Nov 26, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
Team originally said Rose left with hamstring tightness.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Lawson puts his elite ball handling on display.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Silver has said he wants the Bucks to stay in Milwaukee, but if a new arena isn’t built it’s going to get interesting.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
The Bucks are just fun to watch.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
The Nuggets still won.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:15 AM EST
This rivalry is the best thing about the NBA this season.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
The Lakers get a little flexibility to add a player.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Business as usual for Steph.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
The latest setback for the former MVP.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Faried put the hammer down.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
They are that bad because of their defense.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
What is the deal with that shot?
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 1
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 5
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 11
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 18
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 12
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30