Dec 6, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Mike Woodson is doing his best college football coach “I don’t know which quarterback I’m going to start” shtick, but everyone knows he has one Heisman candidate and he’s going to play him.
In Woodson’s case he’s talking about Carmelo Anthony, and Woodson said at his meeting with the press a couple hours before tip-off that ‘Melo’s availability for a game against the Miami Heat is still up in the air (according to Ken Berger of CBS and pretty much every other New York based reporter on twitter).
Anthony cut middle finger on his left hand, his non-shooting hand, diving into the stands after a ball on Wednesday night. If the Knicks were playing the Bobcats, he might take a night off.
But with the Knicks trying to establish themselves as the early contender to the Heat’s throne, with Anthony’s friends Dwyane Wade and LeBron James on the other team, with national television lights shining down, do you really think he is sitting out?
Several reporters said they heard Anthony was leaning toward playing. It’s in ‘Melo’s hands, Woodson said, according to Berger.
“If he says he’s gonna play, he’ll play.”
What do you think? He’ll be there for the opening tip.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49