Dec 6, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Mike Woodson is doing his best college football coach “I don’t know which quarterback I’m going to start” shtick, but everyone knows he has one Heisman candidate and he’s going to play him.
In Woodson’s case he’s talking about Carmelo Anthony, and Woodson said at his meeting with the press a couple hours before tip-off that ‘Melo’s availability for a game against the Miami Heat is still up in the air (according to Ken Berger of CBS and pretty much every other New York based reporter on twitter).
Anthony cut middle finger on his left hand, his non-shooting hand, diving into the stands after a ball on Wednesday night. If the Knicks were playing the Bobcats, he might take a night off.
But with the Knicks trying to establish themselves as the early contender to the Heat’s throne, with Anthony’s friends Dwyane Wade and LeBron James on the other team, with national television lights shining down, do you really think he is sitting out?
Several reporters said they heard Anthony was leaning toward playing. It’s in ‘Melo’s hands, Woodson said, according to Berger.
“If he says he’s gonna play, he’ll play.”
What do you think? He’ll be there for the opening tip.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61