Dec 6, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Mike Woodson is doing his best college football coach “I don’t know which quarterback I’m going to start” shtick, but everyone knows he has one Heisman candidate and he’s going to play him.
In Woodson’s case he’s talking about Carmelo Anthony, and Woodson said at his meeting with the press a couple hours before tip-off that ‘Melo’s availability for a game against the Miami Heat is still up in the air (according to Ken Berger of CBS and pretty much every other New York based reporter on twitter).
Anthony cut middle finger on his left hand, his non-shooting hand, diving into the stands after a ball on Wednesday night. If the Knicks were playing the Bobcats, he might take a night off.
But with the Knicks trying to establish themselves as the early contender to the Heat’s throne, with Anthony’s friends Dwyane Wade and LeBron James on the other team, with national television lights shining down, do you really think he is sitting out?
Several reporters said they heard Anthony was leaning toward playing. It’s in ‘Melo’s hands, Woodson said, according to Berger.
“If he says he’s gonna play, he’ll play.”
What do you think? He’ll be there for the opening tip.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 3
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20