Dec 6, 2012, 10:36 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is a huge soccer fan, a huge Barcelona fan. Lionel Messi is the best goal scorer on the earth, one of the greats ever. And he plays for Barcelona.
And the two international icons were good catches by Turkish Airlines in a clever ad. (Remember Kobe came on board as a sponsor of Turkish Airlines a couple years ago and that was followed by some unhappy complaints from the Armenian community in Los Angeles).
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 14
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 5
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52