Dec 6, 2012, 10:36 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is a huge soccer fan, a huge Barcelona fan. Lionel Messi is the best goal scorer on the earth, one of the greats ever. And he plays for Barcelona.
And the two international icons were good catches by Turkish Airlines in a clever ad. (Remember Kobe came on board as a sponsor of Turkish Airlines a couple years ago and that was followed by some unhappy complaints from the Armenian community in Los Angeles).
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 4
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 7
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 15
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4