Dec 6, 2012, 10:36 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is a huge soccer fan, a huge Barcelona fan. Lionel Messi is the best goal scorer on the earth, one of the greats ever. And he plays for Barcelona.
And the two international icons were good catches by Turkish Airlines in a clever ad. (Remember Kobe came on board as a sponsor of Turkish Airlines a couple years ago and that was followed by some unhappy complaints from the Armenian community in Los Angeles).
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10