Dec 6, 2012, 10:36 PM EST
Kobe Bryant is a huge soccer fan, a huge Barcelona fan. Lionel Messi is the best goal scorer on the earth, one of the greats ever. And he plays for Barcelona.
And the two international icons were good catches by Turkish Airlines in a clever ad. (Remember Kobe came on board as a sponsor of Turkish Airlines a couple years ago and that was followed by some unhappy complaints from the Armenian community in Los Angeles).
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20