Dec 6, 2012, 10:36 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is a huge soccer fan, a huge Barcelona fan. Lionel Messi is the best goal scorer on the earth, one of the greats ever. And he plays for Barcelona.
And the two international icons were good catches by Turkish Airlines in a clever ad. (Remember Kobe came on board as a sponsor of Turkish Airlines a couple years ago and that was followed by some unhappy complaints from the Armenian community in Los Angeles).
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43