Dec 6, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
Celtics fans, it hasn’t been the best start to the season. You deserve some good news.
So how about this — Avery Bradley could be back practicing in 10 days.
That’s what A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com is reporting. That would mean Bradley would be back on the court in game action around the first of the year.
“Avery is coming along really well,” C’s president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told CSNNE.com. “He has had no setbacks.”
Bradley’s return to action was believed to be in the middle of this month, but Ainge said, “we’ve adjusted the timeline by a week or so just to make sure his shoulders are completely strong enough and balanced.
The return of Bradley — with his strong perimeter defense and ability to knock down the three — not only fits well with the starters but also makes the bench stronger by moving Jason Terry back there. It gives Boston some of the depth they expected but have lacked this season.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 14
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 22
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 18
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23