Dec 6, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
Celtics fans, it hasn’t been the best start to the season. You deserve some good news.
So how about this — Avery Bradley could be back practicing in 10 days.
That’s what A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com is reporting. That would mean Bradley would be back on the court in game action around the first of the year.
“Avery is coming along really well,” C’s president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told CSNNE.com. “He has had no setbacks.”
Bradley’s return to action was believed to be in the middle of this month, but Ainge said, “we’ve adjusted the timeline by a week or so just to make sure his shoulders are completely strong enough and balanced.
The return of Bradley — with his strong perimeter defense and ability to knock down the three — not only fits well with the starters but also makes the bench stronger by moving Jason Terry back there. It gives Boston some of the depth they expected but have lacked this season.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30