Dec 6, 2012, 8:40 AM EDT
Celtics fans, it hasn’t been the best start to the season. You deserve some good news.
So how about this — Avery Bradley could be back practicing in 10 days.
That’s what A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com is reporting. That would mean Bradley would be back on the court in game action around the first of the year.
“Avery is coming along really well,” C’s president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told CSNNE.com. “He has had no setbacks.”
Bradley’s return to action was believed to be in the middle of this month, but Ainge said, “we’ve adjusted the timeline by a week or so just to make sure his shoulders are completely strong enough and balanced.
The return of Bradley — with his strong perimeter defense and ability to knock down the three — not only fits well with the starters but also makes the bench stronger by moving Jason Terry back there. It gives Boston some of the depth they expected but have lacked this season.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42