PBT Extra: Talking Kobe Bryant’s legacy (and some Pau Gasol)

Dec 6, 2012, 7:43 PM EDT

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

After a short hiatus, PBT Extra is back with some stylin’ new digs.

Kay Adams and I talk about the legacy of Kobe Bryant and how the shadow of Michael Jordan hangs over it. We talk about Kobe’s place in the pantheon of two guards the NBA has ever seen.

Then we talk a little Pau Gasol.

Then we talk a little Pelicans. Which I like more than most people seem to, but I don’t love it.

1. dwirk - Dec 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Before someone jumps in and says Kobe is better than MJ or Kobe is half of MJ both comments are ridiculous

2. bozosforall - Dec 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Kobe is one of the best ever, it matters little whether or not he is above or below MJ. Still a better guard than anything the Puh C’s ever had at the position.

3. ebrownwareagle - Dec 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I didn’t kno that If you were not Considered to be better than MJ your career was worthless, irrelevant, or was a fallacy all together. Sooo according to that logic…. No one in NBA History matters other than Jordan. No One stepped on a NBA Court, other than Jordan. And No One won MVP’s Championships Scoring titles or Gold Medals, ORTHER THAN JORDAN! Flawed logic by fickle fans!

• camnellum12 - Dec 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Had Kareem not boycott the 1968 Olympics, he’d fit your criteria. And Bill Russell never won a scoring title, but he did win multiple rebounding crowns and did all of that….

4. rayray5227 - Dec 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Kobe will be one of the greatest ever. Even tho I’m one of the biggest Kobe fans, I still won’t give him the nod over MJ tho. In my mind there’s no comparison. Even with LeBron there’s no question MJ is still better. Two completely different players. Still Kobe has to be respected as the greatest Laker ever. Even tho he isn’t better than MJ, he still has been putting on incredible performances as the game has changed. It should be agreed that it has become a faster and tougher league to play in now. To put up 81 points is incredible in itself. MJ will be the 1 and Kobe is a solid 1A.

5. adeedothatswho - Dec 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Kurt, THAT’S WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE?!?!?!?!?

Totally different in my head.

• Kurt Helin - Dec 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I know, you imagined George Clooney. Actually, so does my wife…

• loungefly74 - Dec 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM

i always pictured Colin Cowherd looking like Jeff Foxworthy before i actually saw him…

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches