Dec 6, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
LeBron James will spend the rest of his career — however long that is — being compared to Michael Jordan. Not because he should be or that it’s fair, but because LeBron is the one player today who could someday, with enough rings, enter the GOAT conversation. Sorry Kobe.
But LeBron has never been on a court with Jordan…
Unless you look at the wallpaper on LeBron’s phone, then it looks like he has.
[LeBron James] revealed on Wednesday that the screensaver of his phone is a Photoshop image of himself handling the ball while guarded by Michael Jordan in his prime. “Jordan was my superhero growing up,” James said. “He was the guy I feel helped me get to where I am today. As a competitor, who would not want to go against the best? That’s like asking [Tom] Brady would he want to go against Montana in the fourth quarter.”
We’ll never see LeBron and Jordan on the court together, I guess we’ll have to let NBA 2K12 decide. It is the ultimate arbiter.
LeBron and Michael are different players with different styles. Comparing the two directly is not apples to apples because of LeBron’s size and versatility. Jordan was the better pure scorer, LeBron the better passer. And it goes on and on. But that you can even start to have this conversation says what you need to know about LeBron and where he stands (now that he has a ring).
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million