Dec 6, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
LeBron James will spend the rest of his career — however long that is — being compared to Michael Jordan. Not because he should be or that it’s fair, but because LeBron is the one player today who could someday, with enough rings, enter the GOAT conversation. Sorry Kobe.
But LeBron has never been on a court with Jordan…
Unless you look at the wallpaper on LeBron’s phone, then it looks like he has.
[LeBron James] revealed on Wednesday that the screensaver of his phone is a Photoshop image of himself handling the ball while guarded by Michael Jordan in his prime. “Jordan was my superhero growing up,” James said. “He was the guy I feel helped me get to where I am today. As a competitor, who would not want to go against the best? That’s like asking [Tom] Brady would he want to go against Montana in the fourth quarter.”
We’ll never see LeBron and Jordan on the court together, I guess we’ll have to let NBA 2K12 decide. It is the ultimate arbiter.
LeBron and Michael are different players with different styles. Comparing the two directly is not apples to apples because of LeBron’s size and versatility. Jordan was the better pure scorer, LeBron the better passer. And it goes on and on. But that you can even start to have this conversation says what you need to know about LeBron and where he stands (now that he has a ring).
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4