Dec 6, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
LeBron James will spend the rest of his career — however long that is — being compared to Michael Jordan. Not because he should be or that it’s fair, but because LeBron is the one player today who could someday, with enough rings, enter the GOAT conversation. Sorry Kobe.
But LeBron has never been on a court with Jordan…
Unless you look at the wallpaper on LeBron’s phone, then it looks like he has.
[LeBron James] revealed on Wednesday that the screensaver of his phone is a Photoshop image of himself handling the ball while guarded by Michael Jordan in his prime. “Jordan was my superhero growing up,” James said. “He was the guy I feel helped me get to where I am today. As a competitor, who would not want to go against the best? That’s like asking [Tom] Brady would he want to go against Montana in the fourth quarter.”
We’ll never see LeBron and Jordan on the court together, I guess we’ll have to let NBA 2K12 decide. It is the ultimate arbiter.
LeBron and Michael are different players with different styles. Comparing the two directly is not apples to apples because of LeBron’s size and versatility. Jordan was the better pure scorer, LeBron the better passer. And it goes on and on. But that you can even start to have this conversation says what you need to know about LeBron and where he stands (now that he has a ring).
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 9
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31