Dec 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
Thursday was not a good day for Dennis Rodman in court. Not that he’s had a lot of good days in court, but this was one of the more expensive ones.
An Orange County court has ordered Rodman to pay $500,000 in back child support to his ex-wife. Or else. And you don’t want to find out what the “or else” with a judge. From the Associated Press.
An attorney for Rodman’s ex-wife Michelle said Thursday that the flamboyant basketball player was also sentenced to informal probation.
City News Service reports that Orange County Superior Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson warned Rodman he could face jail time if he didn’t pay the child support.
Rodman has become a character of himself. An ex-athlete for whom the party never stopped, who is burning through his money like water… or tequila. Running into trouble with Johnny Law. Which is fine, if that’s how he wants to live his life. But there are responsibilities in life you can’t shy away from. Your children are one of those. He has to pay up.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8