Dec 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
Thursday was not a good day for Dennis Rodman in court. Not that he’s had a lot of good days in court, but this was one of the more expensive ones.
An Orange County court has ordered Rodman to pay $500,000 in back child support to his ex-wife. Or else. And you don’t want to find out what the “or else” with a judge. From the Associated Press.
An attorney for Rodman’s ex-wife Michelle said Thursday that the flamboyant basketball player was also sentenced to informal probation.
City News Service reports that Orange County Superior Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson warned Rodman he could face jail time if he didn’t pay the child support.
Rodman has become a character of himself. An ex-athlete for whom the party never stopped, who is burning through his money like water… or tequila. Running into trouble with Johnny Law. Which is fine, if that’s how he wants to live his life. But there are responsibilities in life you can’t shy away from. Your children are one of those. He has to pay up.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 1
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)