Dec 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Thursday was not a good day for Dennis Rodman in court. Not that he’s had a lot of good days in court, but this was one of the more expensive ones.
An Orange County court has ordered Rodman to pay $500,000 in back child support to his ex-wife. Or else. And you don’t want to find out what the “or else” with a judge. From the Associated Press.
An attorney for Rodman’s ex-wife Michelle said Thursday that the flamboyant basketball player was also sentenced to informal probation.
City News Service reports that Orange County Superior Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson warned Rodman he could face jail time if he didn’t pay the child support.
Rodman has become a character of himself. An ex-athlete for whom the party never stopped, who is burning through his money like water… or tequila. Running into trouble with Johnny Law. Which is fine, if that’s how he wants to live his life. But there are responsibilities in life you can’t shy away from. Your children are one of those. He has to pay up.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 22
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 18
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80