Dec 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Thursday was not a good day for Dennis Rodman in court. Not that he’s had a lot of good days in court, but this was one of the more expensive ones.
An Orange County court has ordered Rodman to pay $500,000 in back child support to his ex-wife. Or else. And you don’t want to find out what the “or else” with a judge. From the Associated Press.
An attorney for Rodman’s ex-wife Michelle said Thursday that the flamboyant basketball player was also sentenced to informal probation.
City News Service reports that Orange County Superior Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson warned Rodman he could face jail time if he didn’t pay the child support.
Rodman has become a character of himself. An ex-athlete for whom the party never stopped, who is burning through his money like water… or tequila. Running into trouble with Johnny Law. Which is fine, if that’s how he wants to live his life. But there are responsibilities in life you can’t shy away from. Your children are one of those. He has to pay up.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 20
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10