Dec 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
Thursday was not a good day for Dennis Rodman in court. Not that he’s had a lot of good days in court, but this was one of the more expensive ones.
An Orange County court has ordered Rodman to pay $500,000 in back child support to his ex-wife. Or else. And you don’t want to find out what the “or else” with a judge. From the Associated Press.
An attorney for Rodman’s ex-wife Michelle said Thursday that the flamboyant basketball player was also sentenced to informal probation.
City News Service reports that Orange County Superior Court Commissioner Barry Michaelson warned Rodman he could face jail time if he didn’t pay the child support.
Rodman has become a character of himself. An ex-athlete for whom the party never stopped, who is burning through his money like water… or tequila. Running into trouble with Johnny Law. Which is fine, if that’s how he wants to live his life. But there are responsibilities in life you can’t shy away from. Your children are one of those. He has to pay up.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20