Dec 6, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
Well, at least they are used to playing without him.
Now we’ve got one — about two weeks reports the Orange County Register. And they are saying it is peroneal tendinitis in his left foot. Which really is in the ankle, the peroneal tendons are the ones that run just inside and behind your ankle. Call it foot, call it ankle, it’s the same area.
At least it’s not related directly to the torn Achilles tendon he suffered last season, the injury he worked hard to overcome, the one that kept him out all but three games this season.
“It was something I really wanted to get checked out because I felt like I worked too hard to get back to play hurt,” Billups said. “…I knew coming back, I would deal with a lot of other things in my body that were trying to catch back up to the speed of playing in real games. I think that this is part of the process.”
This means we’ll be seeing Willie Green again in the starting lineup for the Clippers as they want to keep bringing Jamal Crawford off the bench. Green is giving the Clippers 6.2 points per game and was hitting 42.9 percent from three this season, but he is the weak link in the starting five.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18