Dec 6, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
Well, at least they are used to playing without him.
Now we’ve got one — about two weeks reports the Orange County Register. And they are saying it is peroneal tendinitis in his left foot. Which really is in the ankle, the peroneal tendons are the ones that run just inside and behind your ankle. Call it foot, call it ankle, it’s the same area.
At least it’s not related directly to the torn Achilles tendon he suffered last season, the injury he worked hard to overcome, the one that kept him out all but three games this season.
“It was something I really wanted to get checked out because I felt like I worked too hard to get back to play hurt,” Billups said. “…I knew coming back, I would deal with a lot of other things in my body that were trying to catch back up to the speed of playing in real games. I think that this is part of the process.”
This means we’ll be seeing Willie Green again in the starting lineup for the Clippers as they want to keep bringing Jamal Crawford off the bench. Green is giving the Clippers 6.2 points per game and was hitting 42.9 percent from three this season, but he is the weak link in the starting five.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25