Dec 6, 2012, 11:13 AM EST
Well, at least they are used to playing without him.
Now we’ve got one — about two weeks reports the Orange County Register. And they are saying it is peroneal tendinitis in his left foot. Which really is in the ankle, the peroneal tendons are the ones that run just inside and behind your ankle. Call it foot, call it ankle, it’s the same area.
At least it’s not related directly to the torn Achilles tendon he suffered last season, the injury he worked hard to overcome, the one that kept him out all but three games this season.
“It was something I really wanted to get checked out because I felt like I worked too hard to get back to play hurt,” Billups said. “…I knew coming back, I would deal with a lot of other things in my body that were trying to catch back up to the speed of playing in real games. I think that this is part of the process.”
This means we’ll be seeing Willie Green again in the starting lineup for the Clippers as they want to keep bringing Jamal Crawford off the bench. Green is giving the Clippers 6.2 points per game and was hitting 42.9 percent from three this season, but he is the weak link in the starting five.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20