Dec 6, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
Well, at least they are used to playing without him.
Now we’ve got one — about two weeks reports the Orange County Register. And they are saying it is peroneal tendinitis in his left foot. Which really is in the ankle, the peroneal tendons are the ones that run just inside and behind your ankle. Call it foot, call it ankle, it’s the same area.
At least it’s not related directly to the torn Achilles tendon he suffered last season, the injury he worked hard to overcome, the one that kept him out all but three games this season.
“It was something I really wanted to get checked out because I felt like I worked too hard to get back to play hurt,” Billups said. “…I knew coming back, I would deal with a lot of other things in my body that were trying to catch back up to the speed of playing in real games. I think that this is part of the process.”
This means we’ll be seeing Willie Green again in the starting lineup for the Clippers as they want to keep bringing Jamal Crawford off the bench. Green is giving the Clippers 6.2 points per game and was hitting 42.9 percent from three this season, but he is the weak link in the starting five.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15