Dec 6, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
Mike Woodson said the decision would be Carmelo Anthony’s — if he said he could play Thursday night against the Heat, he would play.
But he is out, tweets Brian Windhorst of ESPN (and confirmed by other tweets from the arena).
Carmelo Anthony will not play for Knicks vs. Heat with injured finger. Tried warming up, couldn’t use left hand well.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) December 7, 2012
Anthony cut middle finger on his left hand, his non-shooting hand, diving into the stands after a ball on Wednesday night in a win over the Bobcats. He needed five stitches to close the cut.
It was thought he would play through it for this big game — against the Heat on national television against LeBron James and Dwyane Wade — but apparently it was bothering him too much, he couldn’t have the control of the ball he wanted. He is on the sidelines in a suit with his finger taped up.
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 0
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 25
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 62
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6