Dec 6, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
Mike Woodson said the decision would be Carmelo Anthony’s — if he said he could play Thursday night against the Heat, he would play.
But he is out, tweets Brian Windhorst of ESPN (and confirmed by other tweets from the arena).
Carmelo Anthony will not play for Knicks vs. Heat with injured finger. Tried warming up, couldn’t use left hand well.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) December 7, 2012
Anthony cut middle finger on his left hand, his non-shooting hand, diving into the stands after a ball on Wednesday night in a win over the Bobcats. He needed five stitches to close the cut.
It was thought he would play through it for this big game — against the Heat on national television against LeBron James and Dwyane Wade — but apparently it was bothering him too much, he couldn’t have the control of the ball he wanted. He is on the sidelines in a suit with his finger taped up.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14