Dec 5, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
The Wizards beat the Heat… still a bit shocking.
But it’s not all good news for the Wizards. In the third quarter of the game starting small forward Trevor Ariza went to the locker room with a calf injury. After the game he was seen in a walking boot.
Now comes word that he could be out up to three weeks with a strained calf, reports CSNWashington.com.
While Ariza has given the Wizards 8.1 points and 4.9 rebounds a game, he was never an efficient player and he took a step back this year. He is shooting just 34.9 percent overall and 25.6 percent from three. Or, look at it this way: He has needed 8.6 shots per game to get his 8.1 points.
With Ariza out that means more Martell Webster, and that could be good for offensive efficiency — he is shooting 41.9 percent from three. We’ll see how his defense goes with more minutes, but Ariza being out is not going to hurt much… until the Wizards go to their bench more.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 3
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 2
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 7