Dec 5, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
The Wizards beat the Heat… still a bit shocking.
But it’s not all good news for the Wizards. In the third quarter of the game starting small forward Trevor Ariza went to the locker room with a calf injury. After the game he was seen in a walking boot.
Now comes word that he could be out up to three weeks with a strained calf, reports CSNWashington.com.
While Ariza has given the Wizards 8.1 points and 4.9 rebounds a game, he was never an efficient player and he took a step back this year. He is shooting just 34.9 percent overall and 25.6 percent from three. Or, look at it this way: He has needed 8.6 shots per game to get his 8.1 points.
With Ariza out that means more Martell Webster, and that could be good for offensive efficiency — he is shooting 41.9 percent from three. We’ll see how his defense goes with more minutes, but Ariza being out is not going to hurt much… until the Wizards go to their bench more.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 2
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 19
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25