Dec 5, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
The Wizards beat the Heat… still a bit shocking.
But it’s not all good news for the Wizards. In the third quarter of the game starting small forward Trevor Ariza went to the locker room with a calf injury. After the game he was seen in a walking boot.
Now comes word that he could be out up to three weeks with a strained calf, reports CSNWashington.com.
While Ariza has given the Wizards 8.1 points and 4.9 rebounds a game, he was never an efficient player and he took a step back this year. He is shooting just 34.9 percent overall and 25.6 percent from three. Or, look at it this way: He has needed 8.6 shots per game to get his 8.1 points.
With Ariza out that means more Martell Webster, and that could be good for offensive efficiency — he is shooting 41.9 percent from three. We’ll see how his defense goes with more minutes, but Ariza being out is not going to hurt much… until the Wizards go to their bench more.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 57
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 40
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 53
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 41
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40