Dec 5, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
The Wizards beat the Heat… still a bit shocking.
But it’s not all good news for the Wizards. In the third quarter of the game starting small forward Trevor Ariza went to the locker room with a calf injury. After the game he was seen in a walking boot.
Now comes word that he could be out up to three weeks with a strained calf, reports CSNWashington.com.
While Ariza has given the Wizards 8.1 points and 4.9 rebounds a game, he was never an efficient player and he took a step back this year. He is shooting just 34.9 percent overall and 25.6 percent from three. Or, look at it this way: He has needed 8.6 shots per game to get his 8.1 points.
With Ariza out that means more Martell Webster, and that could be good for offensive efficiency — he is shooting 41.9 percent from three. We’ll see how his defense goes with more minutes, but Ariza being out is not going to hurt much… until the Wizards go to their bench more.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 11
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 4
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 33
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 58
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40