Dec 5, 2012, 8:38 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• David Stern broke the huddle with the Saints in New Orleans. We’re not making that up, he did. See the proof to the right (via the Saints twitter). It’s good to be the king.
• You heard LeBron James was named Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year. But did you read the profile of LeBron by Lee Jenkins? You should, it’s fantastic. If you think LeBron is physically gifted but doesn’t get the game well mentally you should read this. He is a true student of the game.
• The name Pelican — which may be the new name for the Hornets in a couple of years — has come in for a lot of mocking online. A lot. But the people in New Orleans kind of like it and will defend it.
• Anderson Varejao‘s name keeps coming up in trade rumors (such as there are rumors this time of year) but here is the case for the Cavaliers to keep him. And it’s a good one.
• The Lakers are not shopping Pau Gasol right now. They are not going to for a while, if ever. They want to see Steve Nash and Gasol and the entire team together before they make that move. But if they do, here are some potential trade scenarios.
• The death of college coaching legend Rick Majerus has hit Nuggets coach George Karl hard.
• Chris Kaman says Clippers owner Donald Sterling used to be cheap, but that has changed.
• Maccabi Tel Aviv has suspended its captain Guy Pnini for calling a player on the other team a Nazi. Good for them, that crosses the line (and people throw around the “he/she is a Nazi” thing far to casually).
May 22, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Is his injury more serious than previously thought?
May 22, 2015, 9:48 AM EDT
May 22, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Cavaliers will keep leaning on injured point guard – at least to some degree – anyway
May 22, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
Barnes all but begged for the chance for a couple years.
May 22, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Stephen Curry and James Harden have been putting on a show for a couple games now.
May 22, 2015, 2:17 AM EDT
James Harden has been nothing short of brilliant for two games.
May 22, 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
Harden scores 38 points, just misses triple-double
May 21, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Donaghy was sent to prison for betting on NBA games while he was employed as a league official.
May 21, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Golden State was rolling early in Game 2.
May 21, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
The seven-footer may be a top-five selection.
May 21, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Thomas is now running New York’s WNBA team, but many feel it’s just a matter of time before he’s back in some capacity with the Knicks.
LeBron James after tweaking his ankle by stepping on cameraman: ‘His foot was out further than it should be’
May 21, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Tough to tell, but either way, too many people are too close to the action.
May 21, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This is now a team without its two best wing defenders.
May 21, 2015, 5:47 PM EDT
The front office reacted like fans.
May 21, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
If the NBA gave points for degree of difficulty, how much more valuable would he be?
May 21, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Evans should be good to go by the start of training camp next season.
May 21, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Lakers fans feel the basketball gods owed them after a few brutal years of injuries; fans of 29 other NBA teams would beg to differ.
May 21, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Gentry interviewed for the position on Monday.
May 21, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
May 21, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
A report surfaced Wednesday suggesting they were planning on pursuing the Bulls coach.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 14
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10