Dec 5, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Gasol missed the Lakers loss in Houston on Tuesday due to tendinitis in his knees, but the Rockets radio broadcaster didn’t miss an opportunity to work in Bryant’s quote in ripping L.A. immediately following his team’s victory.
“The game is over! The game is over,“ shouted Craig Ackerman, who calls the games on the radio for the Rockets. “The Lakers have just pooped their big boy pants and the Rockets have come from 17 down to win it, 107-105.”
Each team’s local broadcasting crew calls its games with varying degrees of homerism, depending on how much is tolerated or encouraged by the organization. It can be annoying if you’re just a fan of the league in general trying to catch a game on League Pass, but in this case, it’s hard to argue that the call was anything but a classic.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14