Dec 5, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
Gasol missed the Lakers loss in Houston on Tuesday due to tendinitis in his knees, but the Rockets radio broadcaster didn’t miss an opportunity to work in Bryant’s quote in ripping L.A. immediately following his team’s victory.
“The game is over! The game is over,“ shouted Craig Ackerman, who calls the games on the radio for the Rockets. “The Lakers have just pooped their big boy pants and the Rockets have come from 17 down to win it, 107-105.”
Each team’s local broadcasting crew calls its games with varying degrees of homerism, depending on how much is tolerated or encouraged by the organization. It can be annoying if you’re just a fan of the league in general trying to catch a game on League Pass, but in this case, it’s hard to argue that the call was anything but a classic.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 20
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16