Dec 5, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
Gasol missed the Lakers loss in Houston on Tuesday due to tendinitis in his knees, but the Rockets radio broadcaster didn’t miss an opportunity to work in Bryant’s quote in ripping L.A. immediately following his team’s victory.
“The game is over! The game is over,“ shouted Craig Ackerman, who calls the games on the radio for the Rockets. “The Lakers have just pooped their big boy pants and the Rockets have come from 17 down to win it, 107-105.”
Each team’s local broadcasting crew calls its games with varying degrees of homerism, depending on how much is tolerated or encouraged by the organization. It can be annoying if you’re just a fan of the league in general trying to catch a game on League Pass, but in this case, it’s hard to argue that the call was anything but a classic.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)