Dec 5, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Gasol missed the Lakers loss in Houston on Tuesday due to tendinitis in his knees, but the Rockets radio broadcaster didn’t miss an opportunity to work in Bryant’s quote in ripping L.A. immediately following his team’s victory.
“The game is over! The game is over,“ shouted Craig Ackerman, who calls the games on the radio for the Rockets. “The Lakers have just pooped their big boy pants and the Rockets have come from 17 down to win it, 107-105.”
Each team’s local broadcasting crew calls its games with varying degrees of homerism, depending on how much is tolerated or encouraged by the organization. It can be annoying if you’re just a fan of the league in general trying to catch a game on League Pass, but in this case, it’s hard to argue that the call was anything but a classic.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 6
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 17
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29