Dec 5, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Gasol missed the Lakers loss in Houston on Tuesday due to tendinitis in his knees, but the Rockets radio broadcaster didn’t miss an opportunity to work in Bryant’s quote in ripping L.A. immediately following his team’s victory.
“The game is over! The game is over,“ shouted Craig Ackerman, who calls the games on the radio for the Rockets. “The Lakers have just pooped their big boy pants and the Rockets have come from 17 down to win it, 107-105.”
Each team’s local broadcasting crew calls its games with varying degrees of homerism, depending on how much is tolerated or encouraged by the organization. It can be annoying if you’re just a fan of the league in general trying to catch a game on League Pass, but in this case, it’s hard to argue that the call was anything but a classic.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36