Dec 5, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
We’re not in the habit of bringing you highlights of missed dunks or shots that don’t count, but for this clip of Kevin Durant from the Thunder’s win over the Nets on Tuesday, an exception needs to be made.
This one is great for a lot of reasons. Durant seemed to have been eyeing this one from the moment he crossed half court, and possibly sped up the possession to force a two-for-one opportunity with around 35 seconds or so remaining in the half.
The offense was spread, and the paint was wide open. All Durant had to do was blow by his man, and then, it was time for takeoff.
Andray Blatche came over late to try to take the charge, but all that did was make Durant leap higher, to the point where his shoulder was flush with the rim. He was forced to take off maybe a little sooner than he wanted to, which caused him to literally try to throw the ball down through the hoop instead of being able to grab the rim for the more official slam.
“I wanted to finish it so bad. I know Dray from him playing in D.C. and that’s where I’m from, so I’ll talk a little trash to him after that one,” Durant said, via the Associated Press.
Durant said it probably would have been his best dunk in the NBA had it gone down, laughing that he didn’t jump higher because he “didn’t have no more left in the tank.”
After watching this clip more than once, jumping any higher simply doesn’t seem humanly possible.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18