Chauncey Billups out again with a new ankle injury

Dec 5, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT

Chauncey Billups, Randy Foye

Chauncey Billups has only been back with the Clippers for the team’s last three games, but he’s already sidelined once again due to injury.

Billups went down with a torn Achilles tendon last season, and worked extremely hard to make it back.

But he was forced to sit out of Wednesday night’s home contest against the Mavericks due to an inflamed tendon in his left ankle, a new ailment that is unrelated to his previous injury.

From Melissa Rohlin of the Los Angeles Times:

“I just kind of feel like I’ve worked way too hard to get back to play hurt, you know what I’m saying,” Billups said.

Billups, who returned to the court Nov. 28 against Minnesota after recovering from the Achilles’ injury he sustained last February, said that his ankle began bothering him during a game against Utah on Monday.

“Honestly in that Utah game … it was really painful,” he said.

“I couldn’t really push off of my left foot. It was just really weak. I couldn’t explode off it. I couldn’t cut. Everything I was doing, I was just getting through it. I’m like, ‘I should be better than this.'”

There’s no timetable for Billups to return, and obviously the team isn’t going to rush him back before he’s fully ready.

Billups wasn’t exactly his old self yet in the three games he did play this season, posting averages of just over seven points and two assists per game in 20 minutes of action. He did, however, flop his way to some free throws that were instrumental in the Clippers’ win in Utah on Monday.

Latest Posts
  1. LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls

Oct 31, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers v Chicago Bulls Cleveland Cavaliers v Chicago Bulls

It wasn’t perfect, but the Cavaliers will take the hard-fought victory after the opening night embarrassment.

2. Cavaliers officially sign Anderson Varejao to contract extension

Oct 31, 2014, 6:03 PM EDT

New York Knicks v Cleveland Cavaliers Getty Images

Varejao is one of LeBron James’ favorite teammates

3. Jimmy Butler turns down Bulls’ extension offer, will hit restricted free agency

Oct 31, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT

Jimmy Butler Jimmy Butler

Butler’s agent claims the Bulls wanted him to take a hometown discount.

4. Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis?

Oct 31, 2014, 1:37 PM EDT

Grizzlies vs Thunder Grizzlies vs Thunder

Oklahoma City has completely relied on its two – now injured – stars

5. Steve Ballmer, celebrating Clippers’ win, shocks son (video)

Oct 31, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT

Clippers owner continues to go crazy while watching games

6. David Blatt admits he flubbed Cavaliers’ rotation against Knicks

Oct 31, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT

New York Knicks v Cleveland Cavaliers Getty Images

New coach didn’t give reserves enough playing time in Cleveland’s opener

7. LeBron James’ powder toss returns to Cleveland (VIDEO)

Oct 31, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT

New York Knicks v Cleveland Cavaliers Getty Images

Pregame rituals were really the best part of the game for Cavs fans.

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches