Carmelo says he ‘doesn’t know’ if he’ll play Thursday against Heat after getting stitches in Charlotte
Dec 5, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
Anthony was forced out of the game and into the locker room after suffering a laceration to a finger on his left hand, after diving into the stands to chase down a loose ball with 2:10 remaining in the game.
The wound required five stitches to be sealed, and Knicks head coach Mike Woodson said afterward that he expected Anthony to play Thursday night in Miami against the Heat.
Anthony himself, however, wasn’t so sure, via Nate Taylor of the New York Times.
Carmelo says his finger is so numb he can’t feel it. Doesn’t know if he’ll play tomorrow agains the Heat.
— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 6, 2012
The Knicks are currently sitting at the top of the eastern Conference standings after Wednesday’s victory, a half-game ahead of the defending champion Heat. They would like nothing better than to go into Miami and make a statement that they truly belong there, but if Anthony is unable to go, and despite the Heat’s recent issues, that’ll obviously be an incredibly tall task.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29