Carmelo says he ‘doesn’t know’ if he’ll play Thursday against Heat after getting stitches in Charlotte
Dec 5, 2012, 11:14 PM EST
Anthony was forced out of the game and into the locker room after suffering a laceration to a finger on his left hand, after diving into the stands to chase down a loose ball with 2:10 remaining in the game.
The wound required five stitches to be sealed, and Knicks head coach Mike Woodson said afterward that he expected Anthony to play Thursday night in Miami against the Heat.
Anthony himself, however, wasn’t so sure, via Nate Taylor of the New York Times.
Carmelo says his finger is so numb he can’t feel it. Doesn’t know if he’ll play tomorrow agains the Heat.
— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 6, 2012
The Knicks are currently sitting at the top of the eastern Conference standings after Wednesday’s victory, a half-game ahead of the defending champion Heat. They would like nothing better than to go into Miami and make a statement that they truly belong there, but if Anthony is unable to go, and despite the Heat’s recent issues, that’ll obviously be an incredibly tall task.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 4
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 20
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3