Carmelo says he ‘doesn’t know’ if he’ll play Thursday against Heat after getting stitches in Charlotte
Dec 5, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
Anthony was forced out of the game and into the locker room after suffering a laceration to a finger on his left hand, after diving into the stands to chase down a loose ball with 2:10 remaining in the game.
The wound required five stitches to be sealed, and Knicks head coach Mike Woodson said afterward that he expected Anthony to play Thursday night in Miami against the Heat.
Anthony himself, however, wasn’t so sure, via Nate Taylor of the New York Times.
Carmelo says his finger is so numb he can’t feel it. Doesn’t know if he’ll play tomorrow agains the Heat.
— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 6, 2012
The Knicks are currently sitting at the top of the eastern Conference standings after Wednesday’s victory, a half-game ahead of the defending champion Heat. They would like nothing better than to go into Miami and make a statement that they truly belong there, but if Anthony is unable to go, and despite the Heat’s recent issues, that’ll obviously be an incredibly tall task.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2