Carmelo says he ‘doesn’t know’ if he’ll play Thursday against Heat after getting stitches in Charlotte
Dec 5, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
Anthony was forced out of the game and into the locker room after suffering a laceration to a finger on his left hand, after diving into the stands to chase down a loose ball with 2:10 remaining in the game.
The wound required five stitches to be sealed, and Knicks head coach Mike Woodson said afterward that he expected Anthony to play Thursday night in Miami against the Heat.
Anthony himself, however, wasn’t so sure, via Nate Taylor of the New York Times.
Carmelo says his finger is so numb he can’t feel it. Doesn’t know if he’ll play tomorrow agains the Heat.
— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 6, 2012
The Knicks are currently sitting at the top of the eastern Conference standings after Wednesday’s victory, a half-game ahead of the defending champion Heat. They would like nothing better than to go into Miami and make a statement that they truly belong there, but if Anthony is unable to go, and despite the Heat’s recent issues, that’ll obviously be an incredibly tall task.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 18
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 15
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 13
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20