Carmelo says he ‘doesn’t know’ if he’ll play Thursday against Heat after getting stitches in Charlotte
Dec 5, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
Anthony was forced out of the game and into the locker room after suffering a laceration to a finger on his left hand, after diving into the stands to chase down a loose ball with 2:10 remaining in the game.
The wound required five stitches to be sealed, and Knicks head coach Mike Woodson said afterward that he expected Anthony to play Thursday night in Miami against the Heat.
Anthony himself, however, wasn’t so sure, via Nate Taylor of the New York Times.
Carmelo says his finger is so numb he can’t feel it. Doesn’t know if he’ll play tomorrow agains the Heat.
— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 6, 2012
The Knicks are currently sitting at the top of the eastern Conference standings after Wednesday’s victory, a half-game ahead of the defending champion Heat. They would like nothing better than to go into Miami and make a statement that they truly belong there, but if Anthony is unable to go, and despite the Heat’s recent issues, that’ll obviously be an incredibly tall task.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19