Carmelo says he ‘doesn’t know’ if he’ll play Thursday against Heat after getting stitches in Charlotte
Dec 5, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
Anthony was forced out of the game and into the locker room after suffering a laceration to a finger on his left hand, after diving into the stands to chase down a loose ball with 2:10 remaining in the game.
The wound required five stitches to be sealed, and Knicks head coach Mike Woodson said afterward that he expected Anthony to play Thursday night in Miami against the Heat.
Anthony himself, however, wasn’t so sure, via Nate Taylor of the New York Times.
Carmelo says his finger is so numb he can’t feel it. Doesn’t know if he’ll play tomorrow agains the Heat.
— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 6, 2012
The Knicks are currently sitting at the top of the eastern Conference standings after Wednesday’s victory, a half-game ahead of the defending champion Heat. They would like nothing better than to go into Miami and make a statement that they truly belong there, but if Anthony is unable to go, and despite the Heat’s recent issues, that’ll obviously be an incredibly tall task.
- What kind of coach is Chicago getting with Fred Hoiberg? 3
- PBT Extra: Finals preview, how good are new and improved Cavaliers? 7
- Shaq would take Kobe Bryant over LeBron James because of “killer instinct” 76
- PBT Podcast: NBA Finals breakdown, predictions 4
- Cavaliers rate well when adjusting for playoff rotations. Warriors rate better 1
- LeBron James vs. Stephen Curry: More than meets the eye 18
- Kevin Love on if he plans to play next season for the Cavaliers: “Yes, sir” 27
- Pelicans will play faster, lean on Anthony Davis more under Alvin Gentry 18