Dec 4, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Paul called DeAndre Jordan out and uses the screen well to pick-off DeMarre Carroll, but notice how Al Jefferson plays this — he’s in no-man’s land. He doesn’t show out and cut off CP3, but he’s not hanging back either. What happens is CP3 can turn the corner, get up a head of steam and turn it into a foot race with Jefferson that Paul is going to win every time.
Jefferson needs help and you see Paul Millsap leave his man to provide it but Millsap is a step late and really is not that intimidating a rim protector in the first place — that is where they missed Favors. He is the guy who could have altered Paul’s shot or forced a pass, but he was out injured and so it becomes another Chris Paul highlight.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 9
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 51
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20