Dec 4, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Paul called DeAndre Jordan out and uses the screen well to pick-off DeMarre Carroll, but notice how Al Jefferson plays this — he’s in no-man’s land. He doesn’t show out and cut off CP3, but he’s not hanging back either. What happens is CP3 can turn the corner, get up a head of steam and turn it into a foot race with Jefferson that Paul is going to win every time.
Jefferson needs help and you see Paul Millsap leave his man to provide it but Millsap is a step late and really is not that intimidating a rim protector in the first place — that is where they missed Favors. He is the guy who could have altered Paul’s shot or forced a pass, but he was out injured and so it becomes another Chris Paul highlight.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9