Dec 4, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
Paul called DeAndre Jordan out and uses the screen well to pick-off DeMarre Carroll, but notice how Al Jefferson plays this — he’s in no-man’s land. He doesn’t show out and cut off CP3, but he’s not hanging back either. What happens is CP3 can turn the corner, get up a head of steam and turn it into a foot race with Jefferson that Paul is going to win every time.
Jefferson needs help and you see Paul Millsap leave his man to provide it but Millsap is a step late and really is not that intimidating a rim protector in the first place — that is where they missed Favors. He is the guy who could have altered Paul’s shot or forced a pass, but he was out injured and so it becomes another Chris Paul highlight.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16