Dec 4, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
Paul called DeAndre Jordan out and uses the screen well to pick-off DeMarre Carroll, but notice how Al Jefferson plays this — he’s in no-man’s land. He doesn’t show out and cut off CP3, but he’s not hanging back either. What happens is CP3 can turn the corner, get up a head of steam and turn it into a foot race with Jefferson that Paul is going to win every time.
Jefferson needs help and you see Paul Millsap leave his man to provide it but Millsap is a step late and really is not that intimidating a rim protector in the first place — that is where they missed Favors. He is the guy who could have altered Paul’s shot or forced a pass, but he was out injured and so it becomes another Chris Paul highlight.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 21
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17