Dec 4, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
Paul called DeAndre Jordan out and uses the screen well to pick-off DeMarre Carroll, but notice how Al Jefferson plays this — he’s in no-man’s land. He doesn’t show out and cut off CP3, but he’s not hanging back either. What happens is CP3 can turn the corner, get up a head of steam and turn it into a foot race with Jefferson that Paul is going to win every time.
Jefferson needs help and you see Paul Millsap leave his man to provide it but Millsap is a step late and really is not that intimidating a rim protector in the first place — that is where they missed Favors. He is the guy who could have altered Paul’s shot or forced a pass, but he was out injured and so it becomes another Chris Paul highlight.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 32
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 32
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18