Dec 4, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
If you want to know how much the Utah Jazz miss Derrick Favors, watch Chris Paul’s layup that gave the Clippers the lead for good on Monday night. Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are good players, but Favors provides athleticism on the defensive end they do not. And that the Jazz miss.
And Utah may be miss that a while longer — he was diagnosed with the foot injury plantar fasciitis, reports the Deseret News. An MRI confirmed what was long suspected. Plantar fasciitis is an irritation of a band of tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot, making it painful to do things like run and jump. Which are things kind of important in basketball.
Favors is averaging 9.3 points and 7.5 assists per game for the Jazz off the bench, doing that in minutes limited because with Jefferson and Millsap the Jazz have a loaded front court.
This may be a mild case, but the problem is plantar fasciitis can linger. And the only real cure is rest. The Jazz need to give him enough time off, not rush him back (or let him rush himself back) and make sure this heals and they are not dealing with it in February.
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 1
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 43
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 19
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29