Dec 4, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
If you want to know how much the Utah Jazz miss Derrick Favors, watch Chris Paul’s layup that gave the Clippers the lead for good on Monday night. Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are good players, but Favors provides athleticism on the defensive end they do not. And that the Jazz miss.
And Utah may be miss that a while longer — he was diagnosed with the foot injury plantar fasciitis, reports the Deseret News. An MRI confirmed what was long suspected. Plantar fasciitis is an irritation of a band of tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot, making it painful to do things like run and jump. Which are things kind of important in basketball.
Favors is averaging 9.3 points and 7.5 assists per game for the Jazz off the bench, doing that in minutes limited because with Jefferson and Millsap the Jazz have a loaded front court.
This may be a mild case, but the problem is plantar fasciitis can linger. And the only real cure is rest. The Jazz need to give him enough time off, not rush him back (or let him rush himself back) and make sure this heals and they are not dealing with it in February.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games