Dec 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s not his shooting hand, but still it is a bone bruise in his hand near his thumb. I’ve never dribbled a ball with a bone bruise in my hand — or had a defensive player hit my hand in that situation while trying to swipe the ball — but I imagine it’s not a pleasant feeling.
“It’s going to be tough, but I’m going to play,” said Felton.
The good news is they may be able to limit Felton’s minutes by playing Jason Kidd some minutes, he may be ready to return from back spasms.
Kidd says he’ll play against the Bobcats but might not start. Knicks coach Mike Woodson called Kidd “probable” and wants to see how the 39-year-old feels on Wednesday morning, presumably after the morning shootaround in Charlotte.
“We’ll just have to play it by ear and see how he feels,” Woodson said. “It would be nice to have him back.”
Personally, I don’t know if I’d push guys to get back for a Bobcats game in December, I think Pablo Prigioni can handle the duties there. Especially since Thursday night you face the Miami Heat on national television. After last Thursday my guess is Woodson doesn’t want to play these guys Wednesday then rest them — and Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler — against the Heat the next night.
But if Felton and Kidd are all systems go this is a good thing for a Knicks team trying to keep their hot start rolling into the second month of the season.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32