Dec 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s not his shooting hand, but still it is a bone bruise in his hand near his thumb. I’ve never dribbled a ball with a bone bruise in my hand — or had a defensive player hit my hand in that situation while trying to swipe the ball — but I imagine it’s not a pleasant feeling.
“It’s going to be tough, but I’m going to play,” said Felton.
The good news is they may be able to limit Felton’s minutes by playing Jason Kidd some minutes, he may be ready to return from back spasms.
Kidd says he’ll play against the Bobcats but might not start. Knicks coach Mike Woodson called Kidd “probable” and wants to see how the 39-year-old feels on Wednesday morning, presumably after the morning shootaround in Charlotte.
“We’ll just have to play it by ear and see how he feels,” Woodson said. “It would be nice to have him back.”
Personally, I don’t know if I’d push guys to get back for a Bobcats game in December, I think Pablo Prigioni can handle the duties there. Especially since Thursday night you face the Miami Heat on national television. After last Thursday my guess is Woodson doesn’t want to play these guys Wednesday then rest them — and Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler — against the Heat the next night.
But if Felton and Kidd are all systems go this is a good thing for a Knicks team trying to keep their hot start rolling into the second month of the season.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50