Dec 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s not his shooting hand, but still it is a bone bruise in his hand near his thumb. I’ve never dribbled a ball with a bone bruise in my hand — or had a defensive player hit my hand in that situation while trying to swipe the ball — but I imagine it’s not a pleasant feeling.
“It’s going to be tough, but I’m going to play,” said Felton.
The good news is they may be able to limit Felton’s minutes by playing Jason Kidd some minutes, he may be ready to return from back spasms.
Kidd says he’ll play against the Bobcats but might not start. Knicks coach Mike Woodson called Kidd “probable” and wants to see how the 39-year-old feels on Wednesday morning, presumably after the morning shootaround in Charlotte.
“We’ll just have to play it by ear and see how he feels,” Woodson said. “It would be nice to have him back.”
Personally, I don’t know if I’d push guys to get back for a Bobcats game in December, I think Pablo Prigioni can handle the duties there. Especially since Thursday night you face the Miami Heat on national television. After last Thursday my guess is Woodson doesn’t want to play these guys Wednesday then rest them — and Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler — against the Heat the next night.
But if Felton and Kidd are all systems go this is a good thing for a Knicks team trying to keep their hot start rolling into the second month of the season.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 5
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 32
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 58
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11