Dec 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s not his shooting hand, but still it is a bone bruise in his hand near his thumb. I’ve never dribbled a ball with a bone bruise in my hand — or had a defensive player hit my hand in that situation while trying to swipe the ball — but I imagine it’s not a pleasant feeling.
“It’s going to be tough, but I’m going to play,” said Felton.
The good news is they may be able to limit Felton’s minutes by playing Jason Kidd some minutes, he may be ready to return from back spasms.
Kidd says he’ll play against the Bobcats but might not start. Knicks coach Mike Woodson called Kidd “probable” and wants to see how the 39-year-old feels on Wednesday morning, presumably after the morning shootaround in Charlotte.
“We’ll just have to play it by ear and see how he feels,” Woodson said. “It would be nice to have him back.”
Personally, I don’t know if I’d push guys to get back for a Bobcats game in December, I think Pablo Prigioni can handle the duties there. Especially since Thursday night you face the Miami Heat on national television. After last Thursday my guess is Woodson doesn’t want to play these guys Wednesday then rest them — and Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler — against the Heat the next night.
But if Felton and Kidd are all systems go this is a good thing for a Knicks team trying to keep their hot start rolling into the second month of the season.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5