Video: Byron Mullens with the Dunk of the Year? Let’s all go home.

Dec 3, 2012, 8:43 PM EDT

Portland Trail Blazers v Charlotte Bobcats Getty Images

Remember when And-1 mixtapes ruled the world? Those were good times. If someone got dunked on in one of those games — I’m talking really embarrassed — they would yank the poor sucker off the court and tell him to go home. Sometimes they would just end the game, let the crowd rush the court, and call the whole thing.

In that spirit, let’s just go ahead and end the season. It’s a wrap. We’re done here.

You don’t understand. This wasn’t Blake Griffin making Kendrick Perkins look silly. We’ve come to expect those things from Griffin. This was Byron Mullens, a 7-footer who has somehow attempted 78 3-pointers already, suddenly summoning Michael Jordan in Charlotte. This was just…well, just watch. Byron. Mullens.

1. funktron2x - Dec 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

K, can someone PLEASE tell me why the youtube vids are embedded in these posts in the Android app – but I can’t play it here or even shoot it over to the YT app? It’s worse than worthless. What is the secret here, NBC???

• raidmagic - Dec 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM

How old of an Android device do you have? I have a tablet and phone and can watch them no problem.

• lmoneyfresh - Dec 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I have a droid 3 and have the same problem. about half to a third of the screen is always cut off on the right.

2. shawtiernan - Dec 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM

The secret is your android is worse than worthless.

3. cameltoehoe - Dec 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Don’t have to see it. Dunk of the year is Harrison Barnes. Doesn’t surprise me that east coast haters have short memories.

• Mr. Wright 212 - Dec 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Haters? Come on, And I’m a UNC fan, but this dunk was from further out!

• brianspider - Dec 3, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Dude..It’s the Bobcats. They may be on the east coast, but there is no bias there. It’s the Bobcats.

4. cameltoehoe - Dec 3, 2012 at 10:49 PM

The defender didn’t even defend. He stood there trying to take the charge. Mullens had a freebie in IMO.

5. cosanostra71 - Dec 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM

wow, stands are empty. Bobcats need to keep it up and bring the fans back!

6. michaeljordanseviltwin - Dec 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Saw this one live and threw my dinner out of my lap jumping up in reaction. I texted it to all my friends (who live in Charlotte but who wouldn’t watch the Bobcats if Jordan unretired).

7. asuthyo - Dec 4, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Why is everyone thumbs downing the guy who said Harrison Barnes’ was better. I agree with him but, not because of “east coast bias”. Harrison Barnes dunked over a bigger guy trying to block his shot.

Mullens’ dunk was impressive but I just think dunking over a guy actually trying to block your shot is better than dunking over a guy trying to take a charge.

Either way, they were both awesome!!!!

• lmoneyfresh - Dec 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Because he used the word hater. That instantly disqualifies anybody’s argument in my book.

8. spthegr8 - Dec 4, 2012 at 12:26 AM

WOW!!! That was serious. Aldridge looks like one of the biker mice from mars( Cartoon from BACK in the day ) But that was an episode of POKEMON!!!!!

9. claymatthewsisonsteroids - Dec 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Nice dunk, but that was a charge for sure.

10. gmsalpha - Dec 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM

You know it’s a good dunk when the opposing team has to call a timeout. Lol.

But Barnes’ dunk was better.

11. buffalobills2012 - Dec 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM

a 7 footer get the “dunk of the year” because he jumped 1 ft in the air and stretched out and dunked on Aldridge. Any alley oop takes more skill.

12. cameltoehoe - Dec 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Hater because of the old “Larry Bird” effect: he’s white so he must work harder.

I should have used the word racist but I didn’t want to offend. Now I must go for the jugular. Mullens dunk will be forgotten soon enough. So, white people…go back to sipping tea or wine & to your game of Jenga. Harrison Barnes is still in flight as I write this.

• scalfor3 - Dec 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM

wow. just…wow

• scalfor3 - Dec 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM

that’s the dumbest comment i’ve ever read on this website, and that includes all of the paulhargis/lakerluver/bozosforall 3 way catfights

13. cameltoehoe - Dec 5, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I’m just saying 6’10” guy dunking over a guy free standing is like deep throating an Asian guy. The bar is not set very high.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches