Dec 3, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
A few days ago came the report that Amar’e Stoudemire new target was to be back on the court with the Knicks around Christmas. So, almost a month away still.
But that may be too optimistic as well.
Stoudemire isn’t saying more than two words to the media, but new leaked sources refuted the old leaked sources. Welcome to Knicks basketball. From the New York Daily News.
“We’ll see,” Stoudemire said Sunday (about a Christmas return).
Earlier, Stoudemire told several friends with the Suns organization that reports that he’ll play Christmas Day against the Lakers are simply guesswork.
“He said he’s not ready to commit to that date,” said a Suns official. “How would he know today that he can play on Christmas? He doesn’t know if he’ll be ready by then.”
The Knicks continue to win and look good with Stoudemire out and Carmelo Anthony at the four spot. Stoudemire said he would come off the bench on his return. That’s all swell, but at some point they are going to have to get those two guys (with Tyson Chandler) on the court and playing well together to threaten the Heat in a seven game series.
But that is a long time off from now. As, apparently, is Stoudemire’s return to action.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 0
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10