Dec 3, 2012, 11:46 AM EST
A few days ago came the report that Amar’e Stoudemire new target was to be back on the court with the Knicks around Christmas. So, almost a month away still.
But that may be too optimistic as well.
Stoudemire isn’t saying more than two words to the media, but new leaked sources refuted the old leaked sources. Welcome to Knicks basketball. From the New York Daily News.
“We’ll see,” Stoudemire said Sunday (about a Christmas return).
Earlier, Stoudemire told several friends with the Suns organization that reports that he’ll play Christmas Day against the Lakers are simply guesswork.
“He said he’s not ready to commit to that date,” said a Suns official. “How would he know today that he can play on Christmas? He doesn’t know if he’ll be ready by then.”
The Knicks continue to win and look good with Stoudemire out and Carmelo Anthony at the four spot. Stoudemire said he would come off the bench on his return. That’s all swell, but at some point they are going to have to get those two guys (with Tyson Chandler) on the court and playing well together to threaten the Heat in a seven game series.
But that is a long time off from now. As, apparently, is Stoudemire’s return to action.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)