Dec 3, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
A few days ago came the report that Amar’e Stoudemire new target was to be back on the court with the Knicks around Christmas. So, almost a month away still.
But that may be too optimistic as well.
Stoudemire isn’t saying more than two words to the media, but new leaked sources refuted the old leaked sources. Welcome to Knicks basketball. From the New York Daily News.
“We’ll see,” Stoudemire said Sunday (about a Christmas return).
Earlier, Stoudemire told several friends with the Suns organization that reports that he’ll play Christmas Day against the Lakers are simply guesswork.
“He said he’s not ready to commit to that date,” said a Suns official. “How would he know today that he can play on Christmas? He doesn’t know if he’ll be ready by then.”
The Knicks continue to win and look good with Stoudemire out and Carmelo Anthony at the four spot. Stoudemire said he would come off the bench on his return. That’s all swell, but at some point they are going to have to get those two guys (with Tyson Chandler) on the court and playing well together to threaten the Heat in a seven game series.
But that is a long time off from now. As, apparently, is Stoudemire’s return to action.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 5
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3