Dec 3, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
A few days ago came the report that Amar’e Stoudemire new target was to be back on the court with the Knicks around Christmas. So, almost a month away still.
But that may be too optimistic as well.
Stoudemire isn’t saying more than two words to the media, but new leaked sources refuted the old leaked sources. Welcome to Knicks basketball. From the New York Daily News.
“We’ll see,” Stoudemire said Sunday (about a Christmas return).
Earlier, Stoudemire told several friends with the Suns organization that reports that he’ll play Christmas Day against the Lakers are simply guesswork.
“He said he’s not ready to commit to that date,” said a Suns official. “How would he know today that he can play on Christmas? He doesn’t know if he’ll be ready by then.”
The Knicks continue to win and look good with Stoudemire out and Carmelo Anthony at the four spot. Stoudemire said he would come off the bench on his return. That’s all swell, but at some point they are going to have to get those two guys (with Tyson Chandler) on the court and playing well together to threaten the Heat in a seven game series.
But that is a long time off from now. As, apparently, is Stoudemire’s return to action.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8