Dec 3, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Steve Blake will undergo laproscopic surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.It is expected that Blake will miss a min of 6 to 8 weeks.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) December 3, 2012
Blake had been trying to rehab the abdominal injury without surgery, but it wasn’t working.
The Lakers need point guard help, but it would be tough to trade for one (teams are going to try and force the Lakers to overpay, the other teams will have leverage) and the free agent crop is guys like Mike Bibby. Who is not an upgrade. With Nash coming back, it’s hard to see them making a deal. So expect to continue to see a lot of Kobe Bryant essentially playing the point, running a lot of pick-and-roll.
The Lakers issues are bigger than just the point guard spot — the defense, the bench, Pau Gasol’s comfort level are all as big or bigger. But the Lakers offense is not going to flow without Nash or another top guard and that is certainly tied to the Lakers wild inconsistency this season.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6