Dec 3, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Steve Blake will undergo laproscopic surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.It is expected that Blake will miss a min of 6 to 8 weeks.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) December 3, 2012
Blake had been trying to rehab the abdominal injury without surgery, but it wasn’t working.
The Lakers need point guard help, but it would be tough to trade for one (teams are going to try and force the Lakers to overpay, the other teams will have leverage) and the free agent crop is guys like Mike Bibby. Who is not an upgrade. With Nash coming back, it’s hard to see them making a deal. So expect to continue to see a lot of Kobe Bryant essentially playing the point, running a lot of pick-and-roll.
The Lakers issues are bigger than just the point guard spot — the defense, the bench, Pau Gasol’s comfort level are all as big or bigger. But the Lakers offense is not going to flow without Nash or another top guard and that is certainly tied to the Lakers wild inconsistency this season.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3