Dec 3, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
Steve Blake will undergo laproscopic surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.It is expected that Blake will miss a min of 6 to 8 weeks.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) December 3, 2012
Blake had been trying to rehab the abdominal injury without surgery, but it wasn’t working.
The Lakers need point guard help, but it would be tough to trade for one (teams are going to try and force the Lakers to overpay, the other teams will have leverage) and the free agent crop is guys like Mike Bibby. Who is not an upgrade. With Nash coming back, it’s hard to see them making a deal. So expect to continue to see a lot of Kobe Bryant essentially playing the point, running a lot of pick-and-roll.
The Lakers issues are bigger than just the point guard spot — the defense, the bench, Pau Gasol’s comfort level are all as big or bigger. But the Lakers offense is not going to flow without Nash or another top guard and that is certainly tied to the Lakers wild inconsistency this season.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10