Dec 3, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Steve Blake will undergo laproscopic surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle.It is expected that Blake will miss a min of 6 to 8 weeks.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) December 3, 2012
Blake had been trying to rehab the abdominal injury without surgery, but it wasn’t working.
The Lakers need point guard help, but it would be tough to trade for one (teams are going to try and force the Lakers to overpay, the other teams will have leverage) and the free agent crop is guys like Mike Bibby. Who is not an upgrade. With Nash coming back, it’s hard to see them making a deal. So expect to continue to see a lot of Kobe Bryant essentially playing the point, running a lot of pick-and-roll.
The Lakers issues are bigger than just the point guard spot — the defense, the bench, Pau Gasol’s comfort level are all as big or bigger. But the Lakers offense is not going to flow without Nash or another top guard and that is certainly tied to the Lakers wild inconsistency this season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 18
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 19
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4